Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Sweetest E-bay deal.....

Starting a contest of my own right here on this board, Whoever finds and posts the best E-bay deal;Wins!

What do you win?? Well.......,,,,, congratulations, I guess, cause i gots nuthin for ya but love. so lets get started.......

a few rules;
card must be graded psa 5 or better, the % of what the item was won for will be taken from smr to figure how sweet the deal was.
example: A card sold for $100 on e-bay , Smr is $200 Thats 50% of Smr and a pretty sweet deal!

auction must have ended within the past month, usually found by doing the advanced search for completed items.

So good luck searchin the sweet deals!

Comments

• Options
    Here's my pick for Sweetest Deal! I was goin to bid on it myself but missed it. The SMR is around $4,000.00 to $5,000.00 and the lot closed at $750.00. That's around 17% of SMR. image

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    I got a card with a SMR of $65 for $1.25 plus shipping. The seller didn't mention it was the scarce variation (Dolan Nichols '59 Topps without Optioned line). '59 Nichols PSA 6

After shipping, it ended up at 4% of SMR.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    Hey Nick, I got very excited about that card some months ago, because somebody said the scarce variation was the one WITH the optioned line. I was so thrilled (especially since he's the only post-war Dolan) that I got it graded. It turned out mine was the common sort, not the scarce one. Oh well, at least I have a nicely presented card of my namesake. Nice deal you got there! I bet the seller was not happy.

Oh yeah, my sweet deal: One of my few good experiences with raw cards off eBay was a 1958 Koufax. It was so nice I was sure it must be trimmed, but I took a $15 gamble ($18 with shipping). Well, it graded PSA 8. So add another $10 for grading and I paid about 6% of SMR $450.

Not as sweet but one deal I think fondly about was buying a 1984 Fleer Update raw set for $250 early this year. It was advertised as NM-MT and for once the product was better than advertised. Clemens and Puckett graded PSA 9, as did Rose and Seaver. Gooden was 8, but hey.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭