Home Sports Talk
Options

Big Diesel rolling to South Florida

The Heat are Shaq's third team. The rumors became reality on Wednesday and Shaquille O'Neal is now a member of the Miami Heat. The Heat acquired O'Neal in exchange for Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, Brian Grant and a first-round pick.

Comments

• Options
    I think this is a trade where both teams got worse.

Who else is on the Heat besides Dwayne Wade?

Eddie Jones? He is on the downside of the mountain. Udonis Haslem? Shaq will need to play 82 games and average 35 and 20 just to make the playoffs. But he'll take off his normal 15 games during the year and then the Heat will rely on Wang Zhi Zhi to play center. I don't think there is any way that they will get past the Pacers or the Pistons.

I believe Lamar Odom was in a great situation in Miami and will return to his old ways back in L.A. Now, the Lakers are probably the 4th or 5th best team in the West. Maybe 6th if the Mavericks pull off a blockbuster. But the Kings, Timberwolves, Spurs and Rockets all figure to be better.

Anyway, I am still looking forward to seeing how Shaq will react in Miami and how Kobe will play--where ever he lands.
    Always looking for T59 Flags.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    How about when Miami plays the Lakers (or whatever team Kobe is on next season, if any)? Great theater...