Home Q & A Forum
Options

Regrade question???

fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
David,

Thanks again for being here on yet another Tuesday evening.

When coins are sent in for regrade, do the coins remain in the rings? It seems to me if the rings are left on the coins they could have another layer of protection. Of course this would also block out the third surface if it was done.

I'm courious as to how the paperwork goes through the system. Is the paperwork sent in with the coins in with the package, sealed in envelopes or does it go through some other process. I assume the graders don't have time to look, but I was just wondering how it is handled.

Tony

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

Comments

• Options
    homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭

Hi Tony,

When coins go thru the regrade process, we crack them out of the holder and send them into the grading room raw. The graders don't know they are regrades.

For all tyoes of submissions, the submission invoices are separated from the coins before the coins go into the grading room. The tracking is done by a number the receiving department puts on each coin box. The paperwork is "reunited" with the coins after the grading process.

Thanks,

David