DO YOU WANT TO WIN A FREE COIN?

IDENTIFY THE DATE and DENOMINATIO of an American coin based on the clues below

This coin has not been made for over 100 years
It consists of 75% copper
It has a plain edge
It was only struck at the philidelphia mint
The quanity minted was 11,382,000
17.9 mm diameter

If you know the date and demonination of the coin based on the clues above...

You may win a free coin... please e-mail you answer to gavitpltw@yahoo.com, all answers must be complete. A winner will be chosen randomly by a computer program. The winner will recieve a U.S. coin with a value no greater then 5 dollars.

Your e-mail address will not be sold to anyone. this is simply a fun contest that I thought I would do.

In the event that you are chosen as the winner, I will send you an e-mail asking for your name and address and the coin will be shipped within 5 days of recieving that information.

CONTEST is open to everyone, only U.S. residence living in the cont. U.S. may receive the prize.

CONTEST ENDS JULY 20th, 2004

SEND entries by clicking here HERE

Good Luck, and have fun! image
GOD BLESS AMERICA!

E-mail GRU Coins

Comments

• relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

Fun contest. Thanks image
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • So far we just have 1 person who has guessed the correct answer.... you guys are making it to easy on him. Lets get some competition goin.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

E-mail GRU Coins
  • E-mail sent.
    New alias since i'm locked out of my hookedoncoins accountimage
  • relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

You can't expect others to be as quick as me image
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • orevilleoreville Posts: 11,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greg: Most of us haven't even had our coffee yet, let alone even wake up yet! image

Fortunately for me, I got up real early today.

Email sent.

By the way, yiu can turn your pm function on and take advantage of the free storage space PCGS gives you!
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Well we are up to around 5 entries now. I am hoping that we will reach 100 entries before the computer randomly determins the winner on the 21st.

Good Luck to all....

-Greg
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!

E-mail GRU Coins
  • email sent.
  • coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭
    email sent

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

• We are clipping along good. I am up to about 10 entries....

I can't wait for the 21st to find out who wins..... image

-Greg
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!

E-mail GRU Coins
  • Email sent.
    - -

Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies.
  • coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭
    May I ask how many people have answered the question correctly?

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

• I have recieved 12 entries as of now and all 12 of them are correct.

I want to applaude all of you who have answered the question....

*Greg Bow's Down To Coin Genuises*

Good Job all.

-Greg
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!

E-mail GRU Coins

• << <i>CONTEST is open to everyone, only U.S. residence living in the cont. U.S. may receive the prize.

<< <i>

How fair is that? CONTEST is NOT open to everyone....or is it that anyone can guess and even become a winner...but they cannot recieve a prize? Just wondering. I guess that I am not qualifying enough as a U.S. Citizen.
    "You must love soldiers in order to understand them, and understand them in order to lead them."
    -Henri Turenne

• Yes, A non-U.S. cit can win, but only a U.S. cit. can win the prize...

Sorry for any confusion.

-Greg
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!

E-mail GRU Coins
  • We only have 12 entries....

I suggest that the rest of you guys pick up your red books and get to looking.

Seeing as I gave you the mintage as a clue you should be able to easily find it in a red book.

Good Luck in your hunting.

-Greg
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!

E-mail GRU Coins
  • MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    Just e-mailed you the answer. Fred
  • Greg, just sent you the answer. Cool contest.
    Hutz: Now don't you worry, Mrs. Simpson, I - uh-oh. We've drawn Judge Snyder.
    Marge: Is that bad?
    Hutz: Well, he's kind of had it in for me, since I accidently ran over his dog. Actually, replace `accidently' with `repeatedly', and replace `dog' with `son'.

• << <i>Greg, just sent you the answer. Cool contest. >>

I just have to say.... I love your signiture.

Definitly one of the best simpson quotes ever!

-Greg
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!

E-mail GRU Coins
  • Just a few days left. We only have around 15 entries....

Come on get to crackin those books.

g'Luck all.

-Greg
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!

E-mail GRU Coins
  • NJCollectorNJCollector Posts: 199 ✭✭
    Hi,

Great contest. I sent an email with the answer. Thanks again
  • Just 3 days left everyone.

The time is ticking.... image

-Greg
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!

E-mail GRU Coins
  • papabearpapabear Posts: 849 ✭✭
    Thank You for a chance to win a coin. image
  • We are now on the 18th.... Just 2 days left.

I am looking forward to getting the last minute entries....

I am at around 25 entries right now.

Times ticking all.... image

Thanks,

-Greg
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!

E-mail GRU Coins
  • A Little less than 48 hours left everyone....

Time to pull out those redbooks.

Hope to recieve 10 more entries...

We have around 25 right now.

Thanks,

-Greg
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!

E-mail GRU Coins
  • Greg. Thanks for the contest! Chris

• << <i>Greg. Thanks for the contest! Chris >>

Hard to believe you got a confirmation e-mail 2 minutes after you sent your entry isn't it....

I am on the ball....

Time to sit at my computer for 45 hours and 13 minutes.... lol

-Greg
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!

E-mail GRU Coins
  • Purple73Purple73 Posts: 2,016
    Reply Sent

Purple73

• << <i>Reply Sent

Purple73 >>

Yup... I am on top of the world tonight..... err.... I am at least on top of the confirmations. lol

Good Luck to everyone....

Oh-no just 45 hours, 4 minutes, 8 seconds left....HURRY!!! lol

-Greg
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!

E-mail GRU Coins
  • E-mail sent,
    thanks Greg,
    USSilver
    A COIN IS ONLY AS GOOD AS IT'S WORST SIDE !
  • Ok everyone just 24 hours left..... I can't wait to get those last minute entries....

We have around 30 entries at this point. I will post exact totals during the day tomorrow.

CONTEST ENDS: 12 AM CDT ON JULY 21st

Winner will be anounced at 10 AM on July 21st

Good Luck to all the last minute entries....

Thanks,

-Greg
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!

E-mail GRU Coins
  • Hello. Greg here. I was just thinking about how fun this contest has been and I was wondering if there would be support to keep this contest running. What I was thinking was a weekly contest that would be run by the members of CU. I am looking to put together a group of 3 to 4 people who would help me in running the contest. We would also need to take coin "donations" from CU board members because 3 or 4 people will not have enough coins to keep this thing running forever. All it would take is the major coin collectors out there a 37 cent stamp and a coin they probab. have a double of to make this thing work. I figure if we take coin donations we can have better, more elaborite prizes. I would need a few other people to back me up on this though. If you want to be a part of this 3-4 man group set me a p.m or an e-mail (please mention what you could offer a program like this). For those of you that might be able to make a donation to future coin contests drop me a e-mail or private message so I can see if we have the support of the CU members we need to make this thing work. I think that this can be a lot of fun for all of us and I look forward to working with some other great coin collectors.

Thanks,

-Greg

gavitpltw@yahoo.com
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!

E-mail GRU Coins
  • DrWhoDrWho Posts: 562 ✭✭
    Entered!
  • Hey GG - Sent you an answer but don't think it went thru on Express so sending it again to your Yahoo email addy. LMK - Kboy
    Ken
  • I am interested in entering, but not a hundred percent sure about the helping, I may donate some coins.
    Young Numismatist that collects: Morgan Dollars, SAE, Proof Sets, and Liberty Nickels.
    I also love to go through rolls to find coins.
    BST
    MySlabbedCoins
  • I recieved 44 entries.... The winner is currently being drawn. The winner will be contacted tonight and be announced tomorrow morning in the Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways catagory. For those of you that want to be there when it is announced it will be announced at approx. 10 AM CDT.

Thanks,

-Greg U
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!

E-mail GRU Coins
  • The ANSWER was the 1865 nickel three-cent piece.

So the moment of truth.....

The WINNER IS....

~Papabear~

He will recieve a 2001 BU Off Center Lincoln Cent

+ A bonus 1958 BU Cent (From an original roll)
    + A bonus 1961 Jefferson Nickel (From an original roll)

If for whatever reason Papabear can not accept the prize or I can not get in contact with him within 72 hours.... The prize will be re-raffled.

Thanks for playing everyone!

-Greg U

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I was just thinking about how fun this contest has been and I was wondering if there would be support to keep this contest running. What I was thinking was a weekly contest that would be run by the members of CU. I am looking to put together a group of 3 to 4 people who would help me in running the contest. We would also need to take coin "donations" from CU board members because 3 or 4 people will not have enough coins to keep this thing running forever. All it would take is the major coin collectors out there a 37 cent stamp and a coin they probab. have a double of to make this thing work. I figure if we take coin donations we can have better, more elaborite prizes. I would need a few other people to back me up on this though. If you want to be a part of this 3-4 man group set me a p.m or an e-mail (please mention what you could offer a program like this). For those of you that might be able to make a donation to future coin contests drop me a e-mail or private message so I can see if we have the support of the CU members we need to make this thing work. I think that this can be a lot of fun for all of us and I look forward to working with some other great coin collectors.

Thanks,

-Greg

gavitpltw@yahoo.com
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!

E-mail GRU Coins