Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Lincoln Pennies, Indian head PENNIES :)

BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
My "evil" thread......

Why do so many people get so pent up about calling them a "penny"?
I know, you know, they know.....there are "cents" and that the English ones are "Pennies", but, it is commonly accepted to call them all "pennies".

That being the case, it really is NOT a big deal.

Why do people seem to freak out on the board about it and dress others down when they say "lincoln penny" instead of lincoln cent?

Ah well........I call them both things depending on my mood image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Comments

• Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    AHHH!. Make the bad man go away! He said that word!
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    Whenever I talk to other coin collectors, I tend to call them cents. But when in the presence of mere mortals, they're pennies. image
    - -

Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies.
  • Options
    My favorite thing to do is go into a coffee shop (or other place where a lot of people are sitting) and say really loud can anyone show me a penny and if you can I will give you 10 dollars... I have done it many time and I always have reference meterials that show a penny is a penny and a cent is a cent.

Well for all you folks out there that are the "penny" people..... The joke was on me....

I was at Boarders Book Store and decided to say that and the guy sitting on a couch opens up a brief case and pulls out a penny book... real pennies (not cents) and he says I will take my 10 dollars now. We all had a good laugh about it, and it was worth the 10 dollars in my opinion just to have the story.

It turns out the guy was a coin collector that had recently stopped at a coin shop and he had some of his coin books with him, and sure enough he had to have the book with him that cost me $10.

I strongly advise against doing this.... unless you have the money to back your mouth up...

Thats my .02 story.

-Greg

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

E-mail GRU Coins

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file