Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Teletrade ?

I'm browsing Teletrade for an education this evening. I notice that they show price history from previous prices realized for most PCGS coins, not the case for other certifications. Is this the norm or is my random viewing just coming up snake eyes?

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    They also show them for the other services. They try to match same service, so if you're looking at PCGS coins, you're likely to see PCGS coins in the history. Sometimes, though, if there's no history for a specific coin graded by a specific service, they fill the holes with PCGS or whatever else is available.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Would you consider teletrade a safe enough place for a newer collector, with 2005 Red Book in hand, to be licking his chops and rubbing his wallet? image
  • Options
    use the "price guide" not prices "realized"
    you can filter it almost any way you like !
  • Options

<< <i>Would you consider teletrade a safe enough place for a newer collector, with 2005 Red Book in hand, to be licking his chops and rubbing his wallet? >>

Personally, I'd recommend that you get a few "sight seen" purchases under your belt from shows, shops or reputable online dealers before wading in to the Teletrade waters. There are sometimes deals to be had, and their imaging has improved dramatically, but a lot of junk is listed.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    nederveitnederveit Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭
    I don't have a Redbook, but guessing those prices could be retail (or higher) depending on the coins you are looking at. The history on Teletrade is great, unfortunately, I don't know of a way to look up a specific coin (without knowing the auction number).

I know it's hard to hold back, but in the end you will be wiser and richer. Russ is right, sometimes there are some deals, sometimes not. Don't forget to add the 10% juice on the prices you see during bidding.....

• Options
    Thanks guys! I appreciate it a lot!
  • Options

<< <i>I don't know of a way to look up a specific coin (without knowing the auction number). >>

Just go in to the "price guide" section and enter the parameters for what you'd like to look up. You can check realized prices going back as long as TT has been online.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    nederveitnederveit Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭
    Russ, that's interesting, because I asked Paul Song (at Teletrade) that exact question. Otherwise I would not have stated that opinion. Thanks, it works as you mention!

The question:

Paul, thanks for your fast response. When looking at historical prices, the only way I see to do that on Teletrade is by auction (as opposed to looking at all 1957 Proof 68 Franklins that have sold). Could you please advise an easier way to find past prices on your website? Thanks again.

The response (I presumed that "one by one" refers to one auction at a time):

Our online price guide is very comprehensive but you can only search one by
    one. Would it help to get a copy of last years printed price guide? It
    covers 2001 and 2002 only however.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file