Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How do you join NGC or PCGS?

How do you join NGC or PCGS? Is it real expensive to join?

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

Comments

• Options
    SandhawkSandhawk Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭
    so silver membership is free?I only have to send money in and I can get coins graded? Am I in already because I registered for the boards?

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

• Options
    so silver membership is free?I only have to send money in and I can get coins graded? Am I in already because I registered for the boards?

yes. yes. no.

Gold membership is good for the 4 'free' submissions and pop report if you are into that. You also get a 1oz silver round or something silver. I gave mine away.
    Collector of early copper, pre 1900 currency, PCGS MS64+ Saints.
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Yes you can submit coins as a silver member but you are limited to the silver level type of services you can use.

Silver Level Services:

* Pre-1965 U.S. Coins $30/coin
    Approximately 30 business day turnaround
    * Post-1965 U.S. Coins $16/coin (5 coins min)
    Turnaround time varies with demand

• Options
    no more than 5 coins at a time or I can't send any more after 5?

• Options
    Send all you want, you just have to send at least 5 to use the Post-1965 U.S. Coins for $16 a coin.

If you join the gold level then you get 4 coins graded at the $30 level and pay $12 for post 1965 coins.
    You can also use the world service as a gold level member in case you want some Canadian coins graded.
  • Options
    is it a long wait to get your coins back usually?

• Options
    depends on what service you use.
    The times for the sevice levels are posted here.
  • Options
    have you been happy with PCGS?

• Options
    NoGvmntNoGvmnt Posts: 1,126
    You also get to submit "Quarterly Freebies" when you join at the Gold Level, which basically means you get 8 free submissions with your annual membership.

Jim

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file