Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I got ripped....

I paid a seller for 3 lots of his on eBay with 9 items each = 27 total. I paid the seller in full about a month ago via PayPal (cash balance). Anyway, 3 weeks later (last week) I look up their phone number and call to ask the status of my order. The guy I talked to said that they were short the items they offered on eBay with the BIN, and could ship in 1 day. I said fine, and was VERY pleasant.

Today, (approximately 1 min later), I called this company back to check the status of my order. I got the same guy I talked to last week, and after going through the entire situation, he remembered our conversation. He asked me "do you want me to ship the product or refund your payment". I asked that my order be filled (as I paid for).

The points?:
1. The seller had 3 lots with BIN's that offered 9 of each item.
2. I used the BIN on eBay to secure the 27 items.
3. I requested a shipping total from the buyer, which was provided within 24 hours, and paid within the same.
4. Having not received the items, I called the seller again, and was told that they still didn't have the items I paid for with their BIN, but should within 2 days.
5. I told the seller that they have NEVER contacted me directly to let me know there was a problem with this order.
6. They essentially told me to go pound sand. When they get the item, they will ship them.
7. I told the seller that their answer was unacceptable, and to deliver what they said they had for sale, and collected my money on.
8. The rep said whatever, and hung up.
9. I called back and asked to speak to the owner of the company. I was told the owner wasn't in right now and to leave a message. I recognized the person I was talking to as the person who had been telling me that the items would ship last week.
10. After not hearing back from the owner/manager of this company, I left them 3 negative feedback comments based on this deal.
11. A few minutes after leaving the negative feedback, I saw where they had retaliated by leaving me negative feedback.
12. The negative feedback they left for me gives the impression that I was rude and cursed them. Read my other feedback to debunk that statement.
13. I called the company back and asked why they gave me negative feedback. Long story short, they were unable to explain what justification they had to leave the negative feedback they did - meanwhile they left negative feedback for me even though:
13.1 They had posted that they had 9 items for immediate sale (BIN) (3 separate auctions) on eBay.
13.2 I used the BIN feature and bought the 3 lots of 27 items using BIN.
13.3 I requested a shipping total, which was provided within 24 hours, and paid for me via my PayPal bank balance.
.13.4 I called the company last week (3 weeks after PayPal payment) to ask the status of my order.
13.5 The rep I talked with told me hat they didn't have all of the items in stock that they had advertised for sale on eBay with BIN.
13.6 The rep told me that they were buying coins, and that my order would be shipped within 1 day (last week).
13.7 Still no items today, so I called the company. I reached the same guy as I did last week.
13.8 The same guy tells me that it will be another day until they receive the items I won (and paid for), so what did I want him to do about it?
13.9 I told him to try and ship what they advertised on eBay as BIN items, and that I had already paid for approximately 1 month ago.
13.10 The rep told me "whatever" (whatever that means), and hung up on me.
13.11 I posted 3 negs to this seller for the 3 auctions lots involved here.
13.12 The seller then posted retaliatory negs to me alleging things that never happened. I never cursed, and I did try to keep my voice down (although I probably failed at the latter eventually).
13.13 I called the seller back to let them know that I negged them and why., and I then asked them why they negged me since I paid for their BIN's via PayPal cash balance within 24 hours. Lots of stuttering but no answers.
13.14 The person I was talking with on the phone eventually identified themself as being the owner of the company (after many requests of mine asking for the same), and asked me what I would like him to do about this situation.
13.15 I told the owner that I wanted them to ship the BIN items I paid for last month ASAP, and to remove their retaliatory negs against me.. The owner said "whatever", and hung up.

Moral of the story? Some people are just liars and it’s up to us to prove it.

(edited for hella mispellings).

Comments

• Options
    What items did you purchase? Can you tell us the sellers name?

Jerry
  • Options
    Sorry about that JR. Who is this clown? I'll gladly block him so I don't get caught short.

Alex in Alaska
    Collecting Morgans in Any Grade
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    So who is this stellar ebay seller that we should all be avoiding like the plague?? image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    ^ The seller is americancoinandvault

I guess he sells coins and vaults ?

Be sure you file your complain with paypal before 30 days expires.
    Dave - Durham, NC
  • Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JR,

You need to let the scumbag know that you have the power of the Internet behind you, along with a cadre of folks who are tired of these ebay-trash!

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    What a drag... Sorry to hear that that happened to you. Some people are just d*ckheads. And to think, I was about to buy from them last week. For some odd reason, a little voice in my head steered me away from them.

Don't forget that you can appeal to their state's attorney general's office, the united states postal service and the internet fraud complaint center for potential mail fraud. Additionally, E-Bay (to some degree) and PayPal too for (what sounds like to me) fraud.

Take care and best of luck,
    Pete
  • Options
    If you will trust one thing, trust this,. I will see this seller's a z z kicked. I have had only two other negatives posted against me since I started on eBay in May of 1998. These two sellers got the boot from eBay - not because I'm any kind of stud, but because I as able to prove their fraud (check their feedback). What chaps my butt about this seller is:
    1. Their auctions were BIN's at ( each.
    2. I hit the BIN on these three auctions and emailed a request to the seller for the total shipping g and insurance charges.
    3. Upon their reply within 24 hours, I paid them immediately via PayPal (my cash balance).
    4. After 3 weeks with no goods, I called. Was told they didn't have the goods, but would in 1 more day.
    5. After 4 weeks, I called back. read all of the above. They bite the big one (or soon will). image

• Options
    Al Dudes and Dudettes,

If you think this is over, guess again! I'll pursue these scumbags past the very gates of hell (more or less). image
  • Options
    JR,

What's worked for me has been contacting the seller via e-mail (creates a paper record) and letting them know about contacting the AG, USPS, IFCC, Ebay and Paypal. -- Fire a warning shot across their bow!

I have only had to resort to that once, but it worked very well.

Pete
  • Options
    Good point Pete, except I have already tried most reasonable points of negotiation. Just as a side note, why am I nogiatiang with these pukes in the first place? They have had my money for about a month now, and are no apologetic for not having the BIN merchandise. They ack like it's my fault somehow. If it is, let me know. I don 't see it that way myself.
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be in Spokane next month and I think I know where these guys are. Should a Knot be installed on their noggin ?

BTW a Email was sent to them asking if a Negative would be handed out if a item was purchased and paid for.

Ken
  • Options

<< <i>I'll be in Spokane next month and I think I know where these guys are. Should a Knot be installed on their noggin ?

BTW a Email was sent to them asking if a Negative would be handed out if a item was purchased and paid for.

Ken >>

That's what kinda chaps my butt. I paid or their BINs within a few hours of receiving the total from them. Bass Tards...
  • Options
    I saw 23 negs in the last 12 months for "americancoinandvault".

I smell a NARU.
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just thought of something. Bluemoon is on the West side of Washington and these folks are on the East side. Seems how there is nothing in the middle the whole state is covered with Dirt Bags.

• Options
    Well, you can all read the email I just sent to these scumbags. And if you can't guess, I'm pissed and will see this through to the very bitter end - no matter what it takes. Yep. I'm one of those Neanderthals who think that you make your own justice (within certain laws that is).

(email sent, and I ain't foolin)
    I am a member of the coin collecting community, and you can be assured that the story about this deal will make the rounds on the Internet. If you don't believe me, just ask me for links to different coin collecting message boards. You might be surprised.

Explain why you were justified in giving me 3 negative feedback comments after I paid you within 24 hours of auction close via PayPal balance funds (no credit card). I paid you almost 1 month ago (that's about 30 days), for these BIN auctions. Who is at fault here? Hint: It ain't me.

Just for your info, I plan to contact eBay about this whole deal, and I doubt they will see things the way you seem to. No threat, just a promise from one VERY familiar with the inner workings of eBay (and I have a certificate to back my claim up).

Ship my product without delay, and have the false negatives you placed on my account removed (we both know I never cursed any of your staff), and we'll all move on. Fail ANY of these two items, and I will bury you. No threat, just fact.

James

• Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spokane? I thought I recognized that name. They are called American Coin and Vault because they sell coins and rent out safety deposit boxes in the other half of the building [an old bank branch]. They're about a 10 minute drive away for me... but I never go there because they don't carry much higher end stuff. Sorry to hear of your troubles with them.
  • Options
    Do an Internet search on "American Coin and Vault". I expect you will find out all you need to,
  • Options

<< <i>Just thought of something. Bluemoon is on the West side of Washington and these folks are on the East side. Seems how there is nothing in the middle the whole state is covered with Dirt Bags.

image >>

Well, this deal don't involve Bloomooncoins. Don't get me started on them...
  • Options
    Sorry for your frustrating situation. Obviously they dont have the product that they advertised. It seems like they have offered you your money back on more than one occasion. Why not just get your money back, try to get your negatives removed, and move on.

Steve
  • Options
    I am a member of the coin collecting community, and you can be assured that the story about this deal will make the rounds on the Internet. If you don't believe me, just ask me for links to different coin collecting message boards. You might be surprised.

Explain why you were justified in giving me 3 negative feedback comments after I paid you within 24 hours of auction close via PayPal balance funds (no credit card). I paid you almost 1 month ago (that's about 30 days), for these BIN auctions. Who is at fault here? Hint: It ain't me.

Just for your info, I plan to contact eBay about this whole deal, and I doubt they will see things the way you seem to. No threat, just a promise from one VERY familiar with the inner workings of eBay (and I have a certificate to back my claim up).

Ship my product without delay, and have the false negatives you placed on my account removed (we both know I never cursed any of your staff), and we'll all move on. Fail ANY of these two items, and I will bury you. No threat, just fact.

James

• Options

<< <i>Sorry for your frustrating situation. Obviously they don’t have the product that they advertised. It seems like they have offered you your money back on more than one occasion. Why not just get your money back, try to get your negatives removed, and move on.

Steve >>

OK, why should I be satisfied with the return of my money (after more than 30-days?). They still can't deliver after they said they could. Please tell me what I should be apologizing for or should I just kiss their a z z or allowing me the privilege to bid on their n auctions (where they must have known they didn't have the product they were selling)?

Just be specific on which parts of my defense I should personally apologize for. I really don't see it.
  • Options
    JR,
    I feel bad for your situation. When I contacted you to help with camera info for my dad you were most helpful and I appreciate that. If I can help send a PM. Joe
  • Options

<< <i>JR,
    I feel bad for your situation. When I contacted you to help with camera info for my dad you were most helpful and I appreciate that. If I can help send a PM. Joe >>

Thanks Joe!

This situation (in my opinion), I've tried everything I know, and they've tried nothing (but outright lies). Seriously.......
  • Options
    James, I'm on your side. If you read my post you will see that NOWHERE did I say that you should apologize. You have nothing to apologize for. However, maybe it's wisdom I developed as I got old and not able to fight anymore, but you seem to be banging your head against the wall and getting nowhere. If I were in a situation like that I would try to find some solution to the problem. They have your money and you dont have their product. Apparently they cant or wont deliver your product. So, you can keep demanding it if you want but you will only get angrier and angrier and probably still have no product and no money. So, if you can get the money back and the negatives off, you can then still file complaints with ebay (to get them removed), but at least you will not be out the money. That seems to me to be a better solution than continuing to bang your head against the wall and get a headache.

Steve
  • Options

<< <i>James, I'm on your side. If you read my post you will see that NOWHERE did I say that you should apologize. You have nothing to apologize for. However, maybe it's wisdom I developed as I got old and not able to fight anymore, but you seem to be banging your head against the wall and getting nowhere. If I were in a situation like that I would try to find some solution to the problem. They have your money and you dont have their product. Apparently they cant or wont deliver your product. So, you can keep demanding it if you want but you will only get angrier and angrier and probably still have no product and no money. So, if you can get the money back and the negatives off, you can then still file complaints with ebay (to get them removed), but at least you will not be out the money. That seems to me to be a better solution than continuing to bang your head against the wall and get a headache.

Steve >>

T^hanks for your thoughts man! Let me try and sum this up:

They = crooks
    me: just tryin to get by.
  • Options
    I SWEAR (probably a bad choice of words), I never cursed any of these pukes. Seriously. Ask them for documentaion. It never happened I assure you (at least from my end).
  • Options
    Purple73Purple73 Posts: 2,016
    Does ebay have a block feature that I can use? Learn me please

Purple!
  • Options
    They are blocked from my auctions and I won't bid on theirs. Thanks for the heads up JR!
  • Options
    ColonialCoinUnionColonialCoinUnion Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭
    Good luck on your noble quest - it sounds like they deserve a good burying.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file