Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

what do you think

do you think if a kid buys a coin with rolled up coins the coin dealer would be more than happy to take it cause he has a chance to find somethign that is worth more than waht the kid spent? or do you think they would pass.
Founder of the NDCCA. *WAM Count : 025. *NDCCA Database Count : 2,610. *You suck 6/24/10. <3 In memory of Tiggar 5/21/1994 - 5/28/2010 <3

Comments

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>do you think if a kid buys a coin with rolled up coins the coin dealer would be more than happy to take it cause he has a chance to find somethign that is worth more than waht the kid spent? or do you think they would pass. >>

Well, most likely if I'm a dealer and a kid who COLLECTS COINS comes in and offers to pay me in rolls, I'm going to assume the rolls are already cherrypicked for gems and better dates, so at most I'd consider it a goodwill gesture to accept them at face value. It also depends on how much. If you want to buy a $1 coin with two rolls of cents, I'd take it. If you wanted to buy a $20 item with 40 rolls, probably not unless I knew your parents were good customers of mine. image

More than happy? No. Willing? Maybe, depending on the circumstances and the number of rolls you were trying to unload.
  • Options
    atarianatarian Posts: 3,116
    so you wouldnt check through them anyway
    Founder of the NDCCA. *WAM Count : 025. *NDCCA Database Count : 2,610. *You suck 6/24/10. <3 In memory of Tiggar 5/21/1994 - 5/28/2010 <3
  • Options
    I doubt the dealer would want them. Whats the chance that anything good is in them. Probably a waste of time.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>so you wouldnt check through them anyway >>

Not unless I had more time on my hands than I knew what to do with.

Because a *collector* gave them out, I'm going to assume the good stuff is already gone. There's not likely to be a "Grandpa's attic" kind of find in those rolls.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file