Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Cheers to the ANA Coin Watchers Group & EBay!!!

Hi,

For those of you whose blood boils when you see friends struggling with a small markup when selling honest coin auctions... while Pam "looks all good to me" Donnelly makes money hand over fist with counterfiets... the coin watchers group and the ANA have struck back.

They pulled Pam's counterfiet gold coin auction:
Counterfiet gold coin removed

... and, Pam had well over a 100 US coins listed with the title "coin collection estate" ... now, there are less than 34 total listed on Ebay, it looks like she was forced to remove all her counterfiets.

She has a few, mostly cleaned, auctions still up however... the vast majority of her US coin auctions are gone!

Only 34 auctions on Ebay with the words Estate Coin Collection in the title now

Cheers to the ANA Coin Watchers Group!!!

Spanky

Comments

• Options
    Whistle, whistle,
  • Options
    Glad to hear it.imageimage
    ~Elephants and Rhinos~
    ~I'm ready, I'm ready~
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Hey Russ...

One step at a time man... she had hundreds listed under US coins, all with the title of "coin collection estate"... now there are less than 34 listed on all of Ebay.

He still has lots of World coins, with many, many many fakes there too... if you are sure of any... feel free to toss a complaint to Ebay.

At least they made a sweep thru the US coin section... as for the darkside, well... maybe we should cross post to let them know???

Spanky
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    A step in the right direction.
  • Options
    flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭

<< <i>One step at a time man... she had hundreds listed under US coins, all with the title of "coin collection estate"... now there are less than 34 listed on all of Ebay. >>

Am I seeing things? From Russ's link, there appear to be hundreds of these "estate" sales -- many more than just 34.
  • Options
    Hi,

Just go to Ebay... type in "coin collection estate" and press enter.

Then sort by US coins only... there are only 34 now... over the weekend, there where something like 200 or more, mostly from Pam. Those have been removed.

She still has a lot listed under world coins though.

Spanky
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    A good deed indeed! The problem is, they didn't suspend her -- so no one but a handful of us know what happened and why. image
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    I was looking through her junk and trying to find something not cleaned or overgraded. All I could find was a pocket knife.

imageimage
  • Options
    Whose holding the coin lots? What's to say if someone wins a lot that some coins won't be removed and fakes put in. I believe the key here is to see how long she "only 34" lots up for bid. Does anybody know if the seller has sold coins in the past? Hey, I kinda like the old CoCa CoLa cooler and may even bid on it. Maybe it's an Pepsi cooler painted over with the Coke's logo!

Jerry
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    She has a lot of coins listed but I believe most of them are real. A lot of them are british half pence and tokens. (All identified as colonial coppers, although none of them are colonial. She calls everything from the 17 and early 18th century as colonial.)
  • Options
    Her selling of counterfeits extends far beyond the field of numismatics. Just take a stroll through her feedback. Be sure to read the positives and neutrals, as there are several that say stuff like, "cute reproduction, wish it would have been discribed as such", etc. There's another neutral feedback that says "$170 for a counterfeit note. shame on you and me". It goes on and on. Then look at all of the negatives. Also, pay close attention to the many negatives that were mutually withdrawn.

This seller is pond scum, imo. She knows that most of the items she is selling are either counterfeits or reproductions, including coins, cards, jewelry, currency, etc., etc. Wouldn't eBay be a great place to trade if it weren't littered with trash like this seller?

The sad part is that eBay did not kick this trash off of eBay for selling mass quantities of counterfeit coins. Rather, they simply cancelled those particular auctions. Why didn't eBay naru her? Well, the answer is in the volume of her listings; too much listing revenue to sacrifice. I bet that if she only had 100 feedback and only listed 10 coins per week she would have been naru'ed. Sad, but true.
    www.jaderarecoin.com - Updated 6/8/06. Many new coins added!

Our eBay auctions - TRUE auctions: start at $0.01, no reserve, 30 day unconditional return privilege & free shipping!
  • Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    The sad part is that eBay did not kick this trash off of eBay for selling mass quantities of counterfeit coins. Rather, they simply cancelled those particular auctions. Why didn't eBay naru her? Well, the answer is in the volume of her listings; too much listing revenue to sacrifice. I bet that if she only had 100 feedback and only listed 10 coins per week she would have been naru'ed. Sad, but true.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The sad part is that eBay did not kick this trash off of eBay for selling mass quantities of counterfeit coins. Rather, they simply cancelled those particular auctions. Why didn't eBay naru her? Well, the answer is in the volume of her listings; too much listing revenue to sacrifice. I bet that if she only had 100 feedback and only listed 10 coins per week she would have been naru'ed. Sad, but true. >>

I don't want to get into the debate as to whether buyers or sellers are worse in terms of abuses -- since I'm a buyer *and* a seller, there's no point, and besides, that's not the point of this thread -- but sometimes I think eBay should change their format such that the FVF is split between buyer and seller. Not higher overall -- but split.

Right now all the revenue is perceived to come from the sellers, so when the buyers misbehave (NPBs, bid retractions, etc.), it's held against them. When sellers misbehave, there's often little other would-be buyers can do to see it. Perhaps number of auctions pulled by eBay, number of auctions seller cancelled in the last 12 hours, that sort of thing. And perhaps do the same thing with sellers as buyers -- with a buyer, three NPBs can get you NARU'd, so why not NARU a seller when they "behave badly" three times? But since sellers call all the shots since they pay all the fees, they don't want to do this. If they had to worry about loss of revenue from buyers, maybe they'd try a little harder to protect them, too.
  • Options
    You're quite right, Ziggy, and there's little likelihood that eBay will change it.
    Askari

• Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does one report garbage such as this offered by a powerseller? Have they no shame?

ebay fake trade dollar
  • Options
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭
    I counted 102 coin estate auctions.

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • Options
  • Options
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Good news.

What I want to know is, why have they not yet stopped anything by user "looktony?" That guy has at least 2-3 fake Seated and Trade Dollars every week. I know I've reported him three times...

• Options
    They sure don't let you know the guy's auction was shut down rather than sold on the side, do they? image
    Askari

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file