Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

bust books

Are there any books on Bust coinage in general?
Scott Hopkins
-YN Currently Collecting & Researching Colonial World Coins, Especially Spanish Coins, With a Great Interest in WWII Militaria.

My Ebay!

Comments

• Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overton, third edition is good for half dollars. Covers die marriages and such
  • Options
    GonfunkoGonfunko Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭
    Yes - look under the dirty magazines section at your local bookstore. image
    Oh - just read the "coinage" part. In that case, I'd advise you not to look there. As has already been stated, Overton is good for halves, although I'm not aware of a book for other types of Bust COINAGE. Maybe there's one of the "Treasure Hunting....." books for the series.
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    Overton for the halves has already ben mentioned, Federal Half dimes 1794 - 1837, Early Dimes 1794 - 1837, United States quarter dollars 1796 - 1836 by A W Browning (There is supposed to be a new book on these "soon".), and there is a dook on early dollars by Jules Reiver. There is also an earlier version of the dollar book by Bolander (sp?). Jules Reiver also published two Varoety Identification manuels for half dimes 1794 - 1837, and quarter dollars 1796 - 1836. These last two can be hard to locate but I find them rather useful. I've had three copies of the half dime VIM. I seem to have trouble keeping it. My first copy was loaned out and never returned, my second copy just disappeared and was probably destroyed in a fire, and I think I still have the third copy.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file