Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

eBay is screwing up their new ANA procedure

Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭
Sent 3 eBay complaints in. Coin looks AU cleaned to me, and look what it's going for; about twice what it may be worth.

Complained about this one 3 days ago.

The kicker is I got an email from the seller, admitting the coin was at best BU (and not MS65). Forwarded that too to eBay. Still no action.

Comments

• Options
    Also looks cleaned.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geez, man. Do you think eBay has time to discipline everyone who overgrades and overhypes their coins?

I thought the ANA/eBay thing was about policing fakes. That in itself is going to be a herculean task.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Yeah,

I know several, including myself that complained about this counterfiet gold coin (link below)... which, BTW went for over $1700.00! The winning bidder obvisouly thought, this is an old US gold coin, in MS condition, being sold from an estate sale, not expecting it to be a gold toned counterfiet.

Nothing was done however... I will be speaking with my ANA contact on Tuesday to see if Ebay actually forwarded the complaints to the ANA coin watchers group or not.

Spanky

Pam Donnelly (Ebay ID pjd1966) is now selling counterfeit US gold coins as well… she just writes the word “token” on the 2x2 as her disclaimer.

A token is, by definition, a privet issued piece.

A token is NOT a counterfeit United States Gold coin, which is what she is selling here.

She cannot sell counterfeits, copies or reproductions on Ebay or anywhere else in the US, that do not meet with the Federal Government’s Hobby Protection Acts guidelines; this coin does not meet those guidelines.

She should not be allowed to sell a counterfeit gold coin and get away with it by writing the word "token" on the 2x2.

This is a counterfeit gold coin… NOT a token.

I reported the auction along with others... nothing happened...

Link... a counterfiet is NOT A TOKENimage
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    The item you requested (3919997908) is invalid, still pending, or no longer in our database
  • Options
    I just clicked on the link to the fake gold and it has been removed so it looks like they may have actually done something for once. Now if they can keep it up for a period of time instead of just doing it occasionally for show they may actually accomplish some good.
  • Options
    WOW!!!

I am amazed!!!

I was able to see the counterfiet gold coin this morning, someone won it for over $1700 this past weekend, there were a lot of bids but... you're right... it's gone now!

WOW, reporting actually works!

Spanky
  • Options
    Me thinks some people think that their complaints will be taken of immediately. This will be the exception instead of the rule!!
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    I thought the ANA/eBay thing was about policing fakes. That in itself is going to be a herculean task.

I concur!!!! image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    Geez, manDo you think eBay has time to discipline everyone who overgrades and overhypes their coins?

Ditto
  • Options
    I honestly think my days with eBay are quickly coming to a halt. I'm currently in a head lock with them because I have caught them in a lie, or they don't want to admit they mispelled a word on a error page (somehting to look for when assessing a possible spoof), or someone has breached their security, in which case they will never admit. The sad thing in my case is I was always fairly happy with eBay. But I csan see the saying Ebay Customer Service is a oxymoron being very quickly proven true. I've actually started going to YaHoo auctions again. There's actually some decent coins for a decent price.

Jerry
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭

<< <i>mispelled a word on a error page (somehting to look for when assessing a possible spoof) >>

Couldn't resist.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file