Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Ebay Advice

I rarely use ebay and would appreciate some advice. I recently bought an item on ebay and used paypal (my first time to use it too, which was probably a good thing). Anyway the seller ships the wrong item. I notify them immediately of the mistake and they respond 2 days later and said they will ship the correct item. It has been 7 days since they responded and I have not heard back from them. I emailed seller last night and let them know I was concerned and if I don't receive the correct item by Wednesday I will consider stopping payment.

My questions:

1). What is best way to stop payment? Thru Paypal? Via Credit Card? Or eBay? Or all?

2). Am I required by eBay or Paypal to follow a certain procedure of notifying seller?

3) If I stop payment, how is the refund processed? As a refund to my card? To a paypal account?

Thx

I can quit collecting anytime I want to.....I just don't want to!

Comments

• Options
    PayPal will not really help you, if in the end you have to do something a charge back on your card would be your best option but I would wait a little longer before you go that route. You can file a report thru ebay Ebay Fraud Protection which may help the buyer to get a little more motivated.
  • Options
    Hi,

I would suggest... first go to your "My Ebay" page... click the link to the auction... and go to "ask the seller a question". (this way you are asking via Ebay's system)

Send the seller something tactful and non-threatening, it’s only been 7 days but… don’t’ wait too long.

Send him this:

Hi,

Last week I had notified you that you had mistakenly sent me the wrong coin. Obvisouly, this was a mistake and I do not want to go to Ebay's new ANA fraud complaint forms, I simply would like to resolve the issue; as I am very interested in the coin I won. If you have already shipped me the correct coin, please let me know the tracking number. If not, please let me know when you will ship the coin I won in auction.

Thanks
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>PayPal will not really help you >>

Sure they will. He just needs to file through the buyer protection program before 30 days from auction close has elapsed. PayPal will investigate, he provides the eMails and, if the seller doesn't make it right, PayPal puts the money back in his account.

<< <i>if in the end you have to do something a charge back on your card would be your best option >>

If he does that without going through the buyer protection plan, PayPal may lock down his account.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Thx guys. That is exactly the info I was looking for. I have until the end of next week before we hit the 30 days with paypal, that will give me time for one more "nice" request and time for them to respond before I have to get drastic.

I was tactful and polite the first two times, but I think a polite reference to the ebay fraud program will go a long way. Requesting tracking number and avoiding a lockdown on my paypal account are both good input too. Thx again.

I can quit collecting anytime I want to.....I just don't want to!
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may not be his problem...The other guy who he may have sent "your" coin to maybe the problem.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file