Home Q & A Forum
Options

NEW PCGS PRICE GUIDE

SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
Hello David,
First, once again I want to thank you for answering questions on the Q & A Forum each week.

My suggestion concerns the new price guide that you have indicated your staff is working on. If done correctly it can be a big benefit to the hobby. I believe it is almost impossible to come up with ONE price or value for a given coin in a given condition. I suggest the new price guide reflect a range (ie) low-high value. The guide should be clear as to whether the basis is wholesale or retail or a combination. I personally would like to see it show the "low" value to represent what a collector could expect to receive for his PCGS slabbed coin if sold to a dealer or auctioned, and the "high" value to represent what a dealer would be WILLING to sell the coin for. Obviously, each dealer sets his own price based on many factors. This will make it difficult to come up with an ongoing price guide that everyone will agree with. BUT, if you clearly DEFINE the peramiters (sp?) I think the results will be well accepted. The guide prices should be for PCGS slabbed coins only. Otherwise, it will never work IMHO.

I would be interested in knowing what you think of my suggestion. Thank you.

Steveimage

Comments

• Options
    homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭

Hi Steve,

It's been my experience that most people prefer one price, and one of the problems with the current pricing structure of the rare coin market is that there are too many different prices and price sources. We'll try to do a good job and fix it. It's a big project.

Thanks,

David