Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

SSP: Gilty Georgie is lookin' for a new home...(not anymore. SOLD.)

Breathtaking 1805 Irish gilt proof penny, NGC PF64 CAMEO.

***SOLD, for $790.***

George has found a new home. I'll miss him, but I could not afford to keep so much money tied up in him.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    Do you do layaways?
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe. But cash is king, since a shortage thereof is the reason I'm considering the sale of the coin in the first place.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Can't afford it Rob....darn it
    Becoming informed but still trying to learn every day!
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
    Hard_ Search (buyer/bidder, a small time seller)
    e-mail: wayne.whatley@gmail.com
  • Options
    I can't really afford to keep it, myself. image

That's a lot of money to have tied up in a single coin, if you're on my budget. But oh, what a coin.

• Options
    It is gorgeous. If only I had not just bought that new camera.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    "Drools" I hate budgets!image that's why I can't have itimage
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    I can't believe that is being sold! If it were English and not Irish you would know who to ask!image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    I enjoyed holdin' it, for a while. Too bad Mushroom Man and the Carolina Crowd did not get to see it in person.

I have pretty much gotten away from the whole "personal collection" thing, since putting on my dealer hat. I still have my Holey stuff, the 1901 Victorian set I'm building for Victoria, and my dug babies. Pretty much anything else comes and goes. I still get to enjoy them, just not for as long as some other people.

• Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I enjoyed holdin' it, for a while. Too bad Mushroom Man and the Carolina Crowd did not get to see it in person.

I have pretty much gotten away from the whole "personal collection" thing, since putting on my dealer hat. I still have my Holey stuff, the 1901 Victorian set I'm building for Victoria, and my dug babies. Pretty much anything else comes and goes. I still get to enjoy them, just not for as long as some other people. >>

That is where I am with US coins. I buy them because I like them, but selling is always in the back (but not too far back) of my mind!
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    Yup, us Irish always getting kicked around and moved aboutimage
    Hey Michael I am the same way with my U.S. stuff. I had thoughts of selling all of it but just don't have the heart to part with it.