Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I don't understand

Why do some E-bay auctions have crap they are selling at a high price, while some have a really cool coin that looks (to my untrained eye) like it is well worth the price? THis coin looks great to me.

Ebay link

Is there something I am missing? Is there a deception here I am unaware of? Should I bid? Was I stupid pointing this out to you and now I have no chance but that is OK because if coins start showing up in the mail my wife would kill me anyway?

Zulan

Comments

• Options
    Rob790Rob790 Posts: 547
    That coin is not worth bidding on.
  • Options
    Rob790Rob790 Posts: 547
    That coin is artificially toned (AT), as are most of all the things that seller sells. I wouldn't buy it unless you really like it, that isn't even a good AT job.
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    Yes, there is a lot to this coin and the seller for that matter that you do not see. This seller has been talked about extensively here. He sells artificially toned coins. Most of these appear to be sliders or coins with problems, where the artificial toning is added to cover up the problems. This coin is not worth what he wants for it.
  • Options
    mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    two regular donut holes were used?

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Options

<< <i> This coin is not worth what he wants for it. >>

Really? I think he starts it at $1
  • Options
    CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone want to guess the final sales price? Winner gets something from Zulan's hoard (just kidding! image )

I'll say $16.05
  • Options

<< <i>Why do some E-bay auctions have crap they are selling at a high price, while some have a really cool coin that looks (to my untrained eye) like it is well worth the price? >>

In this case, both the coin and the seller qualify as crap. Artificially ruined coins done while you wait.
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295

<< <i>

<< <i> This coin is not worth what he wants for it. >>

Really? I think he starts it at $1 >>

He uses shills.
  • Options
    thats an AU58,if you could buy it for under 10 bucks your non-coin buddies would be impressed !
    some yoyo is gonna pay about a 100 though
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    The "priviate" feedback should be your first indication that you should run far far away from this auction.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    ttt
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you see "private" in a coin auction just walk away.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    If you see "blue donut" in the item description, then walk away!! image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file