Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What if you awoke one morning to find that all your coins had changed into those foil-wrapped chocol

Would you be really freaked out? Would you be afraid to tell anybody for fear that they would think you were crazy?

Just food for thoughtimage

imageimage
imageimage
imageimage

Comments

• Options
    TassaTassa Posts: 2,373 ✭✭
    I actually had a dream once in which my slabbed coins turned into cookies. imageimage
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    Hehe, all I would find is wrappers because my kids would have swarmed the chocolate as soon as it appeared. They have a magical "chocolate" detector.
  • Options
    atarianatarian Posts: 3,116
    lets just say the person who had that wish granted that all the coins i had turned into chocolate . would be the person id turn to a nice little waffer that we dip in chocolate. ( i would not take too kindly to a 185$ piece of chocolate. and if i suffer the person who did it will suffer. that and ill have something to eat that morning now wouldnt i image
    Founder of the NDCCA. *WAM Count : 025. *NDCCA Database Count : 2,610. *You suck 6/24/10. <3 In memory of Tiggar 5/21/1994 - 5/28/2010 <3
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    I'd be a little pissed, and deservedly so, I would think.... image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    TheLiberatorTheLiberator Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be mad because now I would have "SEVERAL HUNDRED GOLD COINS FOUND IN AN OLD ESTATE SALE" to sell on ebay for huge premiums! image

"REMEMBER...L@@K BEFORE YOU BUY AS NO RETURNS ARE ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!"

HAHAHAH!!

• Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Breakfast!
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    GonfunkoGonfunko Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭
    I'd be majorly PO'd, because I'm allergic to chocolate and have been working on my collection for several years now.
  • Options
    3rd tier granding service?

Homer Simspon says, "Mmmmmmmmmmmmm key date chocolate!"
  • Options
    jharjhar Posts: 1,126

<< <i>Hehe, all I would find is wrappers because my kids would have swarmed the chocolate as soon as it appeared. They have a magical "chocolate" detector. >>

What he said!! LOL
    J'har
  • Options
    Some of my coins are worth more as chocolate. image
  • Options
    NumismanicNumismanic Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What if you awoke one morning to find that all your coins had changed into those foil-wrapped chocolate coins? >>

I would have one really sweet collection! image
  • Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    Well, the good thing is that most of my coins are in PCGS holders. So if they morphed into chocolate, and they were still in the holders... I'd send them into PCGS for their authenticity guarentee.

:-)

David
  • Options
    bozboz Posts: 1,405
    I'd quit drinking
    The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams
  • Options
    tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    I would start drinking
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd buy tsacch a drink since I dont drink.

David
  • Options
    I'd send them in to have them slabbed!

Jerry
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    If they turned into Godiva chocolates, they might be worth more than as coins.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    I would probably limit myself to the common-date Morgans and try not to eat the better dates. But if you're talking dark chocolate, I just don't know how long I could hold out.

Has no one else ever looked at a nice lustrous Morgan and thought... that looks good enough to eat? (Did I just think that, or actually type it?)

Seriously though, I would probably put them back in storage and hope they change back.

• Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭
    As Forest Gump once said......"Life is a box of chocolates; you're never going to know what you find." Perhaps we'd all start a new grading service for these tasty morsels and the slabs might be used to prevent metting! <grin>
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have one expensive gut-ache from eatin all that chocolate!
  • Options
    razorface1027razorface1027 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭
    Hmmh, imagine that! All your key date with mint marks all melted away making the Morgan dollar now a common one. Gives me myocardial infarction thinking about it.
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    "Gelt" does enjoy quite a long shelf life.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file