Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Hey LordM What's this? Anybody.

It came with a coin lot I got,i showed a scan of it a month or so ago but it was to dark to tell.
Here is a better pic,maybe you can make out enough detail to tell me what it is.
BTW it's dated 1719 if that helps.

imageimage
Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
imageimage

Comments

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Sorry I can't tell what kind of coin it is, but it has got one heck of an old patina on it!!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options

<< <i>Sorry I can't tell what kind of coin it is, but it has got one heck of an old patina on it!!

imageimageimage >>

Yeah,and it looks like some of it flaked off when it was holed.
    imageimage
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    I would guess German States by the look of the shield outline,,, Can Clearly read Republic of(E) in second picture and maybe BE???MENSIS followed with the star, to dark to see for sure.
  • Options

<< <i>I would guess German States by the look of the shield outline,,, Can Clearly read Republic of(E) in second picture and maybe BE???MENSIS followed with the star, to dark to see for sure. >>

Thats it!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Try the 1/2 batzen, KM-91, of Bern under Switzerland.
    Brad Swain

World Coin & PM Collector
    My Coin Info Pages <> My All Experts Profile
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brad beat me to it. I knew it was Swiss, as I have had unholed examples. But I was gonna guess Solothurn, not Bern.

It is most likely struck in billon (base silver with a lot of copper in the alloy).

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW!!!!

Corrupting youth since 2004