Looking to upgrade these ->

NGC .01 MS67RD
NGC .05 MS65
PCGS .10 MS67
PCGS .25 MS66 / NGC .25 MS67
PCGS .50 MS65

My NGC .50 MS66 was lost in the mail. image
The Wegner ARRC Bingle Set

Looking for 1967 PCGS/NGC slabbed coins.

Comments

• Options
    do you need the sms or normal ?
    9/11/01 NEVER FORGET

12/14/03 Bremer Confirms U.S. Captured Saddam

Joe Holt

joe_holt@bellsouth.net
  • Options
    Good point. I'm looking for the normal business strikes.

I'd be interested in raw nickels with full steps, too. If one exists.. haha

• Options
    ttt

• Options
    misterRmisterR Posts: 2,305 ✭✭
    About a year ago I quit submitting 1965, 1966 and 1967 dimes, quarters and halves. Even though they were from original rolls PCGS would call them SMS and it cost me a bunch of time and money.image
  • Options
    I read that somewhere, too. If a coin is nice from these three years, the slabbers assume it must be a SMS coin. It's no wonder the Pops are so low for non-SMS coins.

• Options
    ttt

• Options
    Ugh, the 1967 MS66 NGC half dollar was lost in the mail. image

• Options

• Options
    could someone tell me the population of PCGS 1967 dimes with FT?

thanks in advance!

c

• Options

• Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    could someone tell me the population of PCGS 1967 dimes with FT?

The pop for the 1967-FB is ms-65 3, ms66 4, ms 67 2 ms-68 1. If you need all the pops just let me know. Fred
  • Options
    Thanks Fred.

Know where I can get one? image

• Options
    what's a bingle? look interesting and never heard of them. are they us or canadian? and are they legal tender? any pics available
    PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.
  • Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    That will be a tough coin to acquire in fb, many Roosey collectors including myself are all hunting for them. If I can make two I will let you know. Fred
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    About a year ago I quit submitting 1965, 1966 and 1967 dimes, quarters and halves. Even though they were from original rolls PCGS would call them SMS and it cost me a bunch of time and money.

.........and it should be as simple as the fact that a coin coming from a roll is non-SMS, right???

the fly in the ointment is that the U.S. Mint intended, with malice and forethought, to have the coins from these three years as very confusing, and their effort was successful. add to the mix the run of Silver/gold in 1980 and the low value of the SMS Sets through the 70's and what happened was that many of the coins from them ended up in what are considered as "original rolls" by many who really have nothing to qualify that.

unfortunately, many SMS issues have the appearance of business strikes and since the dies were sometimes used interchangeably, any certain diagnostics can be very confusing. the graders or grading services shouldn't be held accountable for the U.S. Mints effort to confound them, should they be?? my opinion is that they do the best they can and probably err on the side of caution.

don't give up on business strike coins from this era, just work harder on discerning the difference between them and the true SMS issues. it can be done and if you also err on the side of caution you won't be slabbing a bunch of MS64-67 generic SMS issues. while i've only holdered a couple myself, i haven't made a wrong choice yet. keep studying your coins, screening submissions and scrutinizing those dealer bargain bins.

just remember, most dealers don't know the differences between the two any better than us or the grading services. gems await a diligent collector.

BTW CD, if you want to PM me i can help with some SMS Jefferson Nickels.

al h.image
  • Options
    The quest for non-SMS 1967 slabbed coins continues...

Is anyone selling rolls of 1967 dimes or nickels?