Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

[update for second shop]Worth a visit if you are in San Diego {{Coin Adventure}}

I didn't go to work until after lunch today, so I paid a visit to a coin shop in the AM.

I picked up a few nice LiteSide coins, so if you are ever in SD I could recommend:

San Diego Coin & Bullion

I got :

1930 Germany 3 RM, Graff Zepplin XF KM67
1939 Germany 3rd Reich 2Rpf BU KM 90
1973 E. Germany 10 Mark BU KM 44
1945 Netherlands East Indies 1 Cent BU KM 317
1945 Netherlands Ease Indies 2 1/2 Cent BU KM316
1949 Angola 10 Centavos UNC (nice toning) KM 70
1959 Guernsey 3 Pence BU KM 17
1966 Ireland 10 Shilling BU KM 18
1888 Belgian Congo 2 Centimes UNC RBN KM 2

Filled a couple of holes in want list, and picked up some eye catchers........image

Comments

• Options
    CoulportCoulport Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    Apparently you were comfortable with their prices but how were they in relation to catalog or other dealers?
    The most money I made are on coins I haven't sold.

Got quoins?
  • Options
    Their prices were at Krause value as far as what was marked on each coin, though they did take 10% off of the total cost of my coins. In my
    expereince so far I would say they were a little higher than some dealers I have worked with, but also under others.

I have run into dealers that have priced coins as high as 2 times Krause, but as always sometimes the coin my warrant that higher price based
    on condition or desirability.

Overall I was pleased, the shop featured mainly LiteSide although they did have at least one entire display case full of Dark Side, and when I
    asked they did bring out three additional boxes of LiteSide and two three ring binders.

It never hurts to ask, I purchased a very nice 1937 GB proof set from a LiteSide shop. The dealer displayed no LiteSide stuff, and
    dosen't really deal in it per sey, but once I struck up a conversation he saw my non tourist interest. He pulled out the set he had
    stashed for 7 plus years and offered it to me at below Krause($185.00) I now own it, and it books at 275 pounds.
  • Options
    One More time in case there is an interest, had a short day today so I spent a couple hours here--> Cellar Coin

They had box after box of LiteSide stuff to look through allot of it from old collections, still in paper envelopes with YN numbers on them.

They are located at 1029 Garnet Ave in Pacific Beach, San Diego.