Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

World's Finest PCGS Spanish (ship wreck) COB, American Platinum Eagle, French Thaler

These are my 3 favorite coins.

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I had the 8 as my icon for some reason it got deleted, but since I'm the King of ALL Platinum coins it's most fitting that I put up the hardest MS-70 in platinum to be made thus far as my icon.
  • Options
    all i see is a red x
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Actually it's not so bad.

My Platinum set won PCGS's best set of 2003 award beating out almost 9500 registry sets.

This year I took it slow, only won 32 awards, next year who knows maybe none.... image
  • Options
    "World's Finest PCGS Spanish (ship wreck) COB, American Platinum Eagle, French Thaler"

BTW, your "French" taler is actually a Regensburg, Germany taler...but you probably know this.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info, the reverse is the Paris skyline in the 1750's

Is it German or French?

• Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    I have no clue, this is what was on the info that was with the coin at auction last year.

This coin was raw when I got it, the last time this coin traded hands, was about 75 years ago, the DuPonts had it at one time.

That's all the info I have on this coin.

I do know it's traded hands only 3 times in 135+ years.

I submitted it to PCGS without knowing what it was, all I know it's the most stunning piece of silver I've ever owned.

I also owned the POP1 1995W PR-70DCAM silver eagle, (sold last summer for $80,600) this coin in my opinion blows that coin away.
  • Options
    The reverse is going to look similar to one of these out of my collection which are reverses for a Regenburg Germany cityview taler in the mid 1700's.

The enjoyment of collecting is in the learning...

• Options
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    Oh ok! yeah that's what my coin looks like on the reverse.

Why is your coin not graded?

Ok so it's a German coin, thanks for educating me on what it actually is.

I've had it for about 13 months, no one has ever bothered to let me know what it is.
  • Options
    "Why is your coin not graded?"

Because I am from the old school where collectors don't see their collection as a commodity. On the contrary, many of us here free the world coins from their plastic tombs. Different strokes for different folks...
  • Options

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    bozboz Posts: 1,405
    The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams
  • Options

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    well hell, why not another dead king too?

• Options
    I'm not generally into world coins.

If I see something that catches my eye, I just buy it then do the research on it.

I saw this coin on the cover of an ANA auction last year and went nuts over it.

Now matter what the price was I had to have it.

In my opinion the detail of a coin of this age is beyond words.

If your coin was an MS coin you can actually see the logs in the river that's how detailed these coins are.
  • Options
    cacheman have you ever seen one in my condition?

Also, how many of these have you seen personally I would like to buy another one to have it slabbed reverse front.
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    That's a cool Bob Mahhhhhley coin...

Were they spliff enhanced to hit a 70? image
  • Options
    trozau (troy ounce gold)