Home Sports Talk
Options

Mets - If it Aint Broke, Don't Fix It

I hope that they don't trade Wigginton away - especially for old Randy Johnson.
Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

Comments

• Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    trading wigginton would be a grave mistake! i know all about this david wright kid but whose to say he comes up to the bigs and hits over 300??? he could come up and bat 200 in his first 100 at bats.

but if you can get a pitcher like johnson this year in a pennat race for wigginton with this kid expected to be the man(david wright)! this would be the only pitcher i would take this gamble on! i wouldnt take this gamble on benson moyer etc.. only way wiggy goes is for johnson!
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    keep Ty, get Johnson some other way.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    You guys are kidding right ?

Were talking about Ty Wigginton here , not Mike Schmidt

Im sorry but i just don't see anything better than a .280 hitter with at best avg power, escpecially for a 3rd baseman

Wright i believe will be an All-Star someday soon

People would've traded wiggy away in a heartbeat before he went on his little hot streak and im sure you guys were some of them and now because he hit a hot streak we should keep him ?

In fact if you ask me , now that he's been hot of late now is the PERFECT time to trade him
  • Options
    I have to agree with KOBE. Wigginton's hot right now, it's the perfect time to trade him. I think hes a .280,20,80 type of player. David Wright is a .300,25,95 type of player. Also, Wright is a much better fielder then wiggy. I doubt they can get Johnson straight up for wiggy, but he can be part of a package deal.
  • Options
    I have always liked wigginton! still dont want to see him traded very valuable to our run at the division this year. wright can come upand strugghle wiggy seems to be getting better day by day. i still think wiggy is going to be a 30hr 100 rbi guy over the next few yeras.
  • Options
    aS TY WIGGY!! WINS ANOTHER ONE FOR US TONITE A BIG GAME! WHY TRADE HIM WHY?? BIG MISTAKE IF WE DO!
  • Options
    The guys hitting .277 with 12 H.R's and 40 Rbi's. And thats after the hottest streak of his career

Trade him now
  • Options
    >>The guys hitting .277 with 12 H.R's and 40 Rbi's. And thats after the hottest streak of his career

Trade him now<<

If we trade him, I don't want someone with a year or two left in him (i.e., Randy Johnson). All we need is for THREE old pitchers to retire at the same time - Leiter, Glavine, and Randy Johnson. If we "have" to trade Wigginton (big mistake), get someone who will be around for 5 or more years.

• Options
    shockmanshockman Posts: 73 ✭✭
    If we could get Johnson I'd trade him in a minute.

BTW, it's nice to see my avatar is being used.
    Looking for...
    T206 HOFers in PSA 4
    E93 Standard Caramel
    EMail Me

My eBay auctions
  • Options
    Well, 11 days later and he's hitting .270 12 hr's and 41 rbi's . I just don't see him putting up the #'s that a 3rd baseman should

Wright hit his first career H.R tonight and is the future 3rd baseman for the Mets

Should've traded Wiggington during his hot streak
  • Options
    It doesnt matter no need for a trade. our bullpen s@cks! wiggy can play first mike behind plate wright at third. say goodbye to piazza next year by the trade deadline bc he is gonna leave mets anyway as a free agent.
  • Options
    Wrong New York, guys. Johnson's going to the Yankees. image

Now, Wiggington(+) for Benson (Which is what's being discussed) would be a GREAT deal for the Mets.
  • Options
    First of all, I'd like Johnson to go to the Yankees because I'd love to see them bust the payroll and lose anyway. I think the Mets made a mistake bringing Wright up in such a pressure situation with so much expected of him right away. I doubt that he'll do well under such pressue, being so young and all. Also, I feel bad for Wiggy. He tried so hard and did so well and all it'll probably bring for him is a trade to another team. I think that he will be a real good player in a few years and I'd hate to see him go - especially for a pitcher with an unimpressive ERA and won/loss record like Benson.

• Options

<< <i> I think that he will be a real good player in a few years and I'd hate to see him go - especially for a pitcher with an unimpressive ERA and won/loss record like Benson. >>

You can't go by Won/Loss, that's the worst statistic of them all. He's pitching for a last place team, he can only do so much. The guy's going to break out, a la Jason Schmidt.