Home Sports Talk
Options

Clemens to Yankees?

Rumor has it. I find this one very hard to believe as one of the reasons Roger went to Houston was to be closer to his family. If this happens he might as well move out of Texas because there would be a lot of PO'ed Texans. More likely a deal for Randy Johnson is in the works. Randy says he would waive his No-Trade clause to go to the Yankees. Who won't? LOL

Comments

• Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Where are these rumors coming from? The Bronx?

collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    Heard it on the radio.

Related link which refutes the rumor.
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    what i heard was randy to yanks clemens to red sox. dont matter as the mets are gonna win it all!!lol
  • Options
    Well, I'm sure that price is no object! image
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Options

<< <i>...one of the reasons Roger went to Houston was to be closer to his family. >>

Roger's not going anywhere. He was on Leno last Thurs. night and he talked about how great it was being with the family..seeing the kids play ball, and taking part in the Dads Pitch day for his youngest son's team. No, he sounded to damn happy and relaxed to be moving.

Skip
    I'll take the cards & flowers when I'm living and the BS when I'm dead!

ANGEL OF HOPE

Skip
    TUSTIN CA
  • Options
    Ed62Ed62 Posts: 857 ✭✭
    Here is the real story about Roger C. unretiring to sign with the 'stros. His wife and kids live in the Houston area and rarely got to see him pitch in person. After hanging up the NYY jock and starting his shuffleboard workouts Christmas morning rolled around and - - - what did Daddy find in his stocking? A Houston Astros cap from his boys. Very heartwarming don't you think??

I don't think even George's fat wallet could lure him back to the Bronx.
    Ed
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK - you know I'm super bored at work when I'm digging up seriously old threads in the sports talk section.
    Turns out ol' Roger did go to NY and won a World Series his first year with the team. He had a nice 5 year Yankee stint, going 77-36, including a Cy Young award season in 2001.

Daniel
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 8, 2018 1:28PM

@BaltimoreYankee said:
    OK - you know I'm super bored at work when I'm digging up seriously old threads in the sports talk section.
    Turns out ol' Roger did go to NY and won a World Series his first year with the team. He had a nice 5 year Yankee stint, going 77-36, including a Cy Young award season in 2001.

Only the thread was started in 2004 after his main Yankee career was history. He did go back in 2007 to Suzyn Waldman’s delight.

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice picture of Yankee Johnny Damon!

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great necropost. We have some exceptional archiving at CU!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 8, 2018 4:06PM

One of the more iconic trips down memory lane for Sox vs Yanks

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bring back the perkies! :)

Daniel
  • Options

@BaltimoreYankee said:

As you can see I received a very direct order to remove them several years ago :'(

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BaltimoreYankee said:

Is that the pic with the three or four girls drinking beer?

Or maybe it's the one with the two cheerleaders, or were they just two college girls?

Now that i'm typing it, i think it's the one with the two girls. That could be the GOAT pic at CU. :)

• Options

@stevek said:

@BaltimoreYankee said:

Or maybe it's the one with the two cheerleaders, or were they just two college girls?

Now that i'm typing it, i think it's the one with the two girls. That could be the GOAT pic at CU. :)

It was B)

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@BaltimoreYankee said:

It was B)

I indeed miss that tag line

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@BaltimoreYankee said:

It was B)

I indeed miss that tag line

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can say that again.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried to find it on Google pics, not to post it here, but simply to get another refreshing glimpse.

Couldn't find it, and i'm not happy about it.

Yes, i have no life, i admit it. ;)

• Options

@stevek said:
    I tried to find it on Google pics, not to post it here, but simply to get another refreshing glimpse.

Couldn't find it, and i'm not happy about it.

Yes, i have no life, i admit it. ;)

I used to visit the Sports Forum just to view the pic. That's not saying much about me either. Perk was harder to disagree with when he had that tag line. He won all jump balls

m

• Options
    edited August 10, 2018 2:54AM

Funny thing about the “Perkies” is I used to get a wide range of PM’s asking if one of them was my wife, who they were, where I found the pic, telling me how much they like the pic lol the strangest was some complete weirdo sent me a message saying “Hi, I was wondering if you would mind taking that picture down because it bothers my wife” needless to say I told the guy to pound sand.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

It appears that a Don Willis was the "Hammer Man" in 2015, when Paul was crudely directed to take down his tag line, AKA "the Perkies". I found the Perkies to be wholesome and pretty much a non issue as a tag line.

Maybe the "new" Hammer Lady has a broader perspective on life and might not see the Perkie pic as offensive, if anything, it clearly demonstrates the beauty of two women found somewhere in the US. So, is a writing campaign in order to the current Webmaster to see if she is more amenable to a reinstatement of said pic?

Her name is Jackie Curiel and can be found at jcuriel@collectors.com. I'll give it a shot and see what comes...join in the effort, we could call it "bring back the Perkies" B)