Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Thank you Spoon!!!

Just wanted to pass along my appreciation to Spoon for some cool Pogs he sent me. Interesting AAFES fiat money...image

imageimageimage
.....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22

Comments

• Options
    Hi Mr. Jester:

What's a Pog? And what'sAAFES?

Thank you,

Just Having Fun
    Jefferson nickels, Standing Libs, and US-Philippines rock
  • Options
    Nice to hear from you, Mike!image How are you? Let us know! image

Justhavingfun, try to search here by keyword "pog" and you'll find the answer! O'k I did it for you, just go here:
    POGS
    N. N.
  • Options
    bosoxbosox Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭
    AAFES Pog circa 1920.

Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

http://www.victoriancent.com
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Hi Nickolai, and others!! I'm still alive, and lurking from time to time, but feeling rather exasperated at the slow process of getting broadband access in my new apartment--it's been 4 months now. Anyway, I'll be back here more regularly as soon as I can! image

Justhavingfun, AAFES is an acronym for the Army and Air Force Exchange Service, the (what do I call it---company?) that serves military and civilians associated with the military overseas, as well as on bases within the US.

Bosox, that is one truly cool Pog!!! I've never heard of one from that era. image

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Jester nice to see you online, just wanted to say hi and thank spoon , for sending me some POGS too,along with a great giveaway. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    Mike, great to hear from you image Come back soon for fulltime participation!! Hope, that except the Internet problems your new appartment is "acceptable" in common sence of that word. image
    N. N.