Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Here's a couple for LordM.

These two coins were in the lot I just bought.
Strangely I now own about 15 holed coins now!
imageimage

imageimage
Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
imageimage

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool. I have several holey 2-real pieces like your top one, there.

I even dug a holed 1779 Mexico City 2-real piece at the Hampton Plantation ruins on St. Simons Island, GA, with my metal detector, once. It was one of a trio of colonial coins I found on that site. .

Your 2-real piece has the "NG" (Nueva Guatemala) mintmark, which is pretty neat.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Oh, BTW- I was trying to remember who it was that was interested in prehistoric or Native American relics. I recently found a whole bunch of potsherds. Any interest? Some are faintly marked but most are rather plain. I have a ton of this stuff- I happen to know some sites where we can pick up lots and lots of sherds. Any use for 'em?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

<< <i>Oh, BTW- I was trying to remember who it was that was interested in prehistoric or Native American relics. I recently found a whole bunch of potsherds. Any interest? Some are faintly marked but most are rather plain. I have a ton of this stuff- I happen to know some sites where we can pick up lots and lots of sherds. Any use for 'em? >>

I have some small examples from a cave dig,but not really my interest.Not unless you found one intact!Then you would have my full attention!!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Yeah- if I found an intact vessel, I wouldn't part with it!

We do find some larger sherds occasionally, on these sites that have heavy concentrations of them. Some are not quite hand-sized. A buddy of mine found one with a thousand-year-old thumbprint in it! That was pretty neat. So far I have yet to find any projectile points down here in GA, though. (I did find two in NC, including a nice Paleo point I think I told you about- I just found it again yesterday, after misplacing it for a while. Need to scan it for you.)

• Options

<< <i>Yeah- if I found an intact vessel, I wouldn't part with it!

We do find some larger sherds occasionally, on these sites that have heavy concentrations of them. Some are not quite hand-sized. A buddy of mine found one with a thousand-year-old thumbprint in it! That was pretty neat. So far I have yet to find any projectile points down here in GA, though. (I did find two in NC, including a nice Paleo point I think I told you about- I just found it again yesterday, after misplacing it for a while. Need to scan it for you.) >>

Need to scan it for you.

Hurry up already! image
    imageimage