Home Sports Talk
Options

Rare, old, vintage red sox photos....

If I could get some recommendation on the approximate value please help... I am looking to sell/auction them off... here is the story...

About 2 years ago my father purchased a very old house in N.S. Canada. It was a little delapidated, so of course he was going to do an overhaul on it. We had found many, many old religious cards, and books whatnot circa 1870's-1930's in the basement to tell how old it was. When tearing down a wall my father saw an envelope, and flipped the slightly yellowed and wrinkled envelope to see that it was from Fenway park! Upon opening it, there is a stack, assumably the entire lineup for the redsox last year in near mint condition considering there age, all sepia portrait photos signed... they may have used dark graphite, I haven't wanted to really see if one would smear. The first name I discerned was 'Hershell Freeman' so I did a little digging and I think I have narrowed it down to early 50's. They feel almost leathery the are so old... I am interested in auctioning them but I don't know where to begin, all of my searches have turned up nothing even close to them... Could someone please give me some insight on this matter, I hope to be scanning a few and eventually auctioning them off. Any insight is much appreciated.

Regards, Adam

Comments

• Options
    Have them looked at before you put them up for auction.Sounds like you may have struck gold!!!!!!!
  • Options
    My advice would be to contact PSA/DNA or Mastronet. The link for PSA/DNA is in the top right hand corner (quick links). They should be able to give you some direction. image

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets