Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A nice selection of Barber Halves at Steve Estes!!

I was perusing Steve Estes's coins and noticed that he just got in a nice selection of ANACS graded Barber Half Dollars.
Wish I had the money and I would buy a few.
Just thought that I would mention it to the collector's of Barber Half Dollars. Looks like he has sold quite a few since I first noticed them.

Steve Estes

Comments

• Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    I saw that. Pretty much complete set slabbed in the F - EF range. I like Steve. Seems to be a good honest dealer.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    rdunnitrdunnit Posts: 340 ✭✭
    I like Steve as well. I bought some raw stuff from him awhile back and the coins I got were nice. Really nice prices too. Right now he has all of his raw coins on sale.

Robert
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    He seems to be moving away from raw coins lately.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    He is one of the "Good Guys" in the business. Once his remaining raw inventory is sold, all he will sell are slabbed coins.

Greg
  • Options
    ARCOARCO Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks - I picked up five dates.

Steve had a nearly fun run of halves about 8 months back and they were all raw. I bought 21 halves and finished my set in one fell swoop!! I think I actually threw up I was so excited image The best part is that whoever the collector was, he had a super fine eye for original coins, and to make it even better, Steve's grading was ultra and I mean ultra conservative. In some cases I believe he undergraded the coins 10-15 grading points on many of the coins.

Don't tell Steve that!

Tyler
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    I've not yet had occasion to buy from Steve Estes yet, but from what I've seen, I'd not hesitate to do so. He just hasn't yet had exactly what I've been looking for at the time I've looked for it. I've only looked three or four times, but when I have he seemed to have properly graded coins at reasonable prices.
  • Options
    Bought a couple of nice Morgans from Steve, and will continue to buy from him in the future. Has treated me very fairly for a first time buyer.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file