Home Sports Talk
Options

Miller Park info/reviews

Going to Miller Park this weekend to see Brewers and Reds. Being stuck here in Minnesota and having the Metrodump as a ballpark, I really look forward to seeing a real stadium. Last year went and took in PNC park in Pittsburgh and though I was great. A little slice of heaven in my book. Been to a few yards and that was the best I've seen. Is there any must see things in and around Miller Park. Any good things for kids, I have 6 year old girl and 6 month old boy. Any scoop on the City too, we are staying in some downtown hotel with water park, so that should be fun.........If you have been to the park how was it for you.....

Comments

• Options
    They have a very nice "play area" for the kids on lever 2 or 3......If you are hungry go check out TGI Fridays, you can have a bite to eat on the patio and have a front row seat in left field, simply awesome, no matter if the roof is opened or closed the sight of the field and surroundings is breath taking, a very beautiful stadium, enjoy!
  • Options
    Ive been there a couple of times and have nothing but good things to say about the park. Great food, clean, and there is a "play" area of sorts. There is fairly good access in and out of the park too (its about 90 minutes from my home).

Its a ways out from downtown so there really isnt anything around the park (not like Wrigley), but its always a nice place to go and, as long as they arent playing the Cubs or Cardinals, you can nearly always walk up and get a good seat.

If you have a little extra time, there is a children's museum in downtown Milwaukee (probably close to where you are staying) that would be a lot of fun for your 6-year old..and for you too...as it has a lot of hands on things to do and a great IMAX.
  • Options
    CreeperKatCreeperKat Posts: 393 ✭✭
    My wife and I were in Green Bay in July of 2002 to visit family and the cousins drove us down to Milwaukee to see the 2002 Home Run Derby. The park was absolutely beautiful. The shops and food selections were great (compared to my local park, Angels Stadium). After watching Sosa hit some 500 foot bombs it started to pour rain outside and we got to see them close the retractable roof. It got a little hot in there and there were a few leaks but it made it memorable.
    Looking for Los Angeles/California/Anaheim Angels in PSA 8 or better
  • Options

<< <i>Going to Miller Park this weekend to see Brewers and Reds. Being stuck here in Minnesota and having the Metrodump as a ballpark, I really look forward to seeing a real stadium. Last year went and took in PNC park in Pittsburgh and though I was great. A little slice of heaven in my book. Been to a few yards and that was the best I've seen. Is there any must see things in and around Miller Park. Any good things for kids, I have 6 year old girl and 6 month old boy. Any scoop on the City too, we are staying in some downtown hotel with water park, so that should be fun.........If you have been to the park how was it for you..... >>

I just went to the Cubs game on Monday at Miller Park and found it to be a great time. I've been there several times before and think they did a great job with the park. It is very similar to the BOB in Phoenix, but I like Miller Park much more. The Brewers' fans are also very nice. Your kids will get a kick out of the sausage race (you may, too) and Bernie Brewer and how he slides down the slide after a Brewers' home run.

Yes, they have a wide variety of food, the restaurants are good, and they have a play area for the kids. Also, they have a Brewers HOF area where you can read about all the great Brewers. The downtown area is up and coming and there is a beautiful lakefront there.

It's funny. You are leaving Minnesota this weekend, and I'm heading there from Chicago. I am going to see the Minnesota Twins at that dome of theirs, and I hope I don't regret it. I have to get rid of this bias I have about how much I hate the AL, the Twins, and how bad the dome looks on TV. The real reason we are going is to celebrate our first wedding anniversary and to visit the Mall of America.

Any other ideas for Minneapolis?

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    NHLfightguyNHLfightguy Posts: 525 ✭✭
    Thanks for the info, I will post my take on the park when I get back. As for Minneapolis, the downtown is hoping (1st Ave. area where Target Center is) lots of food and bars, also a new block E center directly across from Target Center is very nice. A new Hard Rock cafe is ther with a big lit up guitar out front. Where the Dome it's pretty dead outside there. They have a little Plaza area out front, but that's all. It's the other side of town where the action is. You will not be impressed with the Dome, it's ok for football, but horrible for baseball. The MOA has everyting, just bring $$$$$
  • Options
    Loved the Park. Gets an A in my book, only slightly behind PNC in Pittsburgh which scored an A+. The stadium is spectacular, I loved the knooks and cranies of it. Food, seats and fans were great there. Went to the game Saturday night where JR. got injured. It also was Stormin Gormin Thomas bobblehead night, they even gave my baby one, very nice of the Miller Park staff. Roof was open and it was great to be in the fresh air. Also stayed at the Milwaukee Hilton that had indoor water park and kids just loved it. Overall a great weekend in Milwaukee, will return again.......
  • Options

<< <i>Loved the Park. Gets an A in my book, only slightly behind PNC in Pittsburgh which scored an A+. The stadium is spectacular, I loved the knooks and cranies of it. Food, seats and fans were great there. Went to the game Saturday night where JR. got injured. It also was Stormin Gormin Thomas bobblehead night, they even gave my baby one, very nice of the Miller Park staff. Roof was open and it was great to be in the fresh air. Also stayed at the Milwaukee Hilton that had indoor water park and kids just loved it. Overall a great weekend in Milwaukee, will return again....... >>

Glad you enjoyed the park. We try to go every year from Chicago and we love it. Just got back from Minneapolis and we had a nice time. We thought the city was very beautiful and Minnesota has very beautiful lakes. We were pretty disappointed in the Mall of America (from a tourist standpoint), but if I lived there, I would probably like it. I thought it was overrated - esp. since many of the stores are simply duplicated throughout the mall. Field of Dreams is always a cool store to visit, but too darn expensive to buy memorabilia.

The Metrodome was a let down as expected. It may be fine as a football venue, but not as a baseball one. The park offered nothing for my daughter to really do, and I found the fake grass to be hard on the eyes. I kept feeling like one of the spectators on my Triple Play Playstation 2 game. Overall, the whole experience felt like an arcade game. The seats were pretty good. A couple of odd things. (1) Not many people ate peanuts. Don't know why. (2) The lower deck has so many rows that it seems that people (lots of them) are constantly leaving and arriving.

The traffic was good and stands around the park were good. Nothing really to do outside the ballpark otherwise - as you suggested.

Fans were great and dedicated. I believe 27K showed up Saturday night. Hopefully, the team can get a new stadium, because these fans deserve it. Baseball is too good in MN to have it played indoors all the time. I have now been to six ballparks (Wrigley, Comiskey, BOB, Miller, Busch, and Metrodome), and the Metrodome has been the worst by far. If they get a new ballpark, I would visit again.

Overall, MN is a great city.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris