Home Q & A Forum

coin price guid

lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
David, last week someone wrote in and criticized PCGS for pursuing the compilation of a price guide, which is supposedly out of PCGS's league. The advice was stick to grading. If anyone wants to read the entire thing, here is the link.

Link

I just wanted to say I was very pleased with your response. I agree 100% that there is a huge hole in the area of prices. In my speciality in particular, morgan pls and dmpls, the price guides are for the most part so low as to not even be useful, and using those prices as a guide for bidding at auction would almost certainly result in losing bids.

I think PCGS is in as good a position as any to opine on coin values, and I am really looked forward to the updated prices coming out. No one necessarily has to take the PCGS values as gospel, but certainly one more reference is of value to everyone.

Besides, I think the prior criticism overlooks the fact that some mechanism has to be in place pertaining to coin values to enable PCGS to calculate submissions fees, insurance fees, and for purposes of its insurance policies that go with each coin.
I brake for ear bars.

Comments

• homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭
    We are committed to having the best possible priice guide. We think the market needs a one stop, credible, and very accurate price guide.

We're working on it!

David