Home Sports Talk

The streak is over!

Gagne blew a save!

Brian

Comments

• yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Damn. All-around bad night for my fantasy team. Josh Beckett returns, only to promptly go back to the DL. I think I cursed my team when I traded Vazquez and Konerko for Giambi and Mark Redman earlier this year. Knew I shoulda dealt Beckett or Wood (my other DL dandy) instead of Vazquez in that deal. And Konerko was the throw-in to even it out. The guy would've been just as happy with Scott Spiezio, but, nooo, I just had to keep the multi-position player.

Could be worse, I guess: Could have hundreds and hundreds of dollars tied up in Blister Boy's cards, as I'm sure many do.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Just got back from the game. He was throwing a lot more off speed stuff tonite, and it cost him. Pretty said when the Dbacks tied it, a few people around us were actually pretty teary.
    This streak is a little weird because he did blow a few games that weren't save situations, so I think it is a little deceptive. Anyway you look at though it was pretty incredible. Guess the new streak starts tomorrow.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's