Home Sports Talk
Options

Jeter is the Man!

I know this is has been brought up before, for arguments good and bad, but good lord, after watching that play last night against the red sox on this morning's replays you've got to give it to him, the man has a gift for the big plays, at the big times. Unbelievable.

Comments

• Options
    For years I have always thought he was the hardest playing player in the game.......and I'm even a Mets fan!
  • Options
    highendhighend Posts: 534
    jeter is the kind of player that the stats don't show the larger picture . you really have to watch him day in and day out to appreciate his value and the intangibles he brings to the table. he is the heart and soul of that team and a positive role model.
  • Options
    When Derek got home from the hospital last night there was a message on his recorder from Arod saying "Its a honor to be your teammate". That about says it all.
    Mike Miller
    Yankee Collector 1958-60
    Retired complete 1960 Topps set
  • Options
    Let me ask this - in the overall big picture, was it really so bright for Jeter to put himself at risk for possibly getting seriously hurt and being out much or all of the season? Especially, considering the big lead that they have in the Division now. Personally, I think it was a foolish move.
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    Jersey,

I was thinking the same thing.
  • Options
    because with guys like jeter, they never think of what happens down the line, they live for the moment. it has it good and bad points but how many other ballplayers would do the same?, not to offend any fireman out there by comparing anything they do to baseball, but you know, the buildings on fire, 9 guys outside, everyone of them inside wants to go inside and save that person on the 3rd floor, but how many do it - regardless of the consequences, not many and those are the special ones.