Home Sports Talk
Options

OFFICIAL YANKS-SOX SMACK THREAD

keep your drivel contained here, everyone else is sick of reading about this garbage

Comments

• Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    <<edited to add
    Carol or SM2

please drop this one...again. lil' wonderkin has a diaper full. >>

murcerfan,

Was goodriddance ever kicked off of the board?
  • Options
    RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭
    Did you mean I should have posted to this one?I didn't make this thread.image

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This topic is absolutly foolish...There is a rivalry between these two teams but no argument as to who is better, I love the Sox but THEY SUCK!!!!....The Yanks are the best franchise in baseball...I hate to say it but it is true
  • Options
    goodriddance189goodriddance189 Posts: 2,388 ✭✭

<< <i>No Wilber everyone is sick of your crap.

edited to add
    Carol or SM2

please drop this one...again. lil' wonderkin has a diaper full. >>

the hell is that supposed to mean, Dave?
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Will - I think you are a good guy and appreciate your posts. But you have to understand it's baseball season and the Yanks-Sox thing is one of the most emotional and historic rivalries in BB and, after all, it is BB season and this is the Sports Talk forum - not the registry forum,... so forth. Skip 'em over if they bore you. Regards and look forward to your future posts.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    i know. i have no problem with yanks/sox talk, smack talk, jeter talk, etc etc. but opening up the Sports Talk forum every morning and seeing half the first page filled up with Gemmy10 yankees threads (most about the exact same subject, no less) is getting old. i just want all the crap contained in one thread, its a lot easier to sift through that way
  • Options

<< <i>i know. i have no problem with yanks/sox talk, smack talk, jeter talk, etc etc. but opening up the Sports Talk forum every morning and seeing half the first page filled up with Gemmy10 yankees threads (most about the exact same subject, no less) is getting old. i just want all the crap contained in one thread, its a lot easier to sift through that way >>

My sentiments too - this is the sports talk forum not the "Derek Jeter Forum" or the "Yankees Rule Forum"

Brian
  • Options
    It's not gonna happen though, so blow past them. No disrespect intended at all. Right now you are butting heads with someone - and I have learned my lesson on that (it's no fun and nobody wins, so to speak). So don't let it get the best of you. Regards.

• Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    on the set registry forum, the Nolan Ryan guys are able to keep 1 thread for all of their Ryan discussions.. kudos to them..

but i dont care if somebody posts whatever the hell they want, wherever they want..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    I agree with PA that a limited thread works well on something like the registry forum - where you have a couple dozen folks with a narrowed interest. Sports forum is open for the field.

• Options
    For someone who posts an empty link to a website I suppose it is very diffcult to sieve thru 4 threads.
  • Options
    i guess you were too stupid to figure out my website response last night, so i'll say it again- I HAVE NOT STARTED BUILDING MY SITE YET
  • Options
    Pass the olive branch. image

• Options
    goodriddance189,

OK, truce.

I am a programmer and have built some websites.

Just curious, as a young collector why did you get involved in collecting vintage hockey players' cards?
  • Options
    heh i know nothing about website design.

i picked vintage hockey because i was turned off by overproduced modern junk, and high grade hockey was a lot cheaper than baseball.
  • Options
    Sounds like you made a good choice. I have a combination of modern (the Yankee Master sets) and vintage. I just can not see sending in over produced modern stuff to get graded. Vintage though is well worth it in my opinion. At least the Yankee collections weren't mass produced.
  • Options
    yeah i saw your thread about the PSA 10 Jeter last night. that's ridiculous, the selling point is the auto and the bat, not the grade. oh well, if someone wants to pay 3x as much for a slab, then more power to em
  • Options

<< <i>This topic is absolutly foolish...There is a rivalry between these two teams but no argument as to who is better, I love the Sox but THEY SUCK!!!!....The Yanks are the best franchise in baseball...I hate to say it but it is true >>

NEVER give up hope!!!!!! Things really are not as bad as they seem...I hope!
  • Options
    Mercury....I know, but god damn...SWEPT in NY....I am getting numb and had to VENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!image
  • Options
    I Hope I dont Hope too much and I Hope you dont either!!!
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

2004 was their year! Down 3 to the Yanks...…...then 8 straight! Pretty good.

• Options

@1970s said:
    Funny Perk reading your comments about the Sox in these 2004 threads.
    Just goes to show how much frustration the nation had in 2004, and how much
    relief came soon after.

Blast from the past posts 😂 I remember 2004 like it was yesterday, coming off that crushing loss in 2003 to Aaron Boone’s HR the 2004 Season was the height of the hatred for the Yankees, people talk rivalry but it wasn’t anywhere close to a rivalry since we never won but after that 2004 Season it really came in to full swing. Nothing in sports will ever beat the 2004 Red Sox season, it was epic. 🍻