Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Yea or Neigh?

Picked one up today, and after closer inspection it looks like I rescued it from PVC poisoning. I ended up with one green Q-tip. It's fine now, though.

This was a pain to photograph as well let me tell you.

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one of those. Guess it's EF-ish. Any clues as to its value? Anybody need one?

Yours is purty, Phil.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ICONS! New potential icons for me on the next upload day.

imageimageimage
    imageimage

Whaddya think?
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
    Yea to the top right or the black background.
  • Options
    This is the 3rd time I've been to this particular coin store. The first two times I just told him I was looking and the dealer didn't seem too friendly. This time I went in, directly told him what I was looking for and was nothing but friendly. Strange, Germans like it if you're direct and to the point.
  • Options
    oldshepoldshep Posts: 3,240
    You are a wizard with the camera, sigh - color me green.
    Shep
  • Options
    Directly lighting on the coin highlighted the scuff marks and hairlines common in these coins, I had to hold up a white sheet of paper in order to diffuse the light while simultaneously propping the camera against my leg to make it stable because the exposure had to be much longer.

My monthly coin budget is 20 euro a month. Even that may be too much at the moment, but having 3 coins now seems more like a collection. The Notgeld, the Goetz Medal and the Kaiserreich Koin are pretty inexpensive. A modest collection but I'm happy with it.

I also put some small denomination euro cents from other countries in a jar but they're coins you can actually spend. So they don't count.
  • Options
    cosmicdebriscosmicdebris Posts: 12,333
    I like this one best for an icon

Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    Nice one Phil.....are they charging you VAT over there as you aren't really a citizen and you aren't really an Expat? Just wondering...
  • Options
    I don't think so. The price I see listed is the price I pay at the Kasse.
    What I do know is that I offcially have no religion, so I don't have to pay taxes for churches.
  • Options
    Did you see new horse-eagles coins, which I have posted for you in your recent thread? image
    N. N.
  • Options
    Yes, I saw the ones from Russland, danke.
  • Options
    bozboz Posts: 1,405
    I like this oneimage
    The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    I like the top right best, the bottom right second best.
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    Gotta be image or image

Probably the first. Nice coin and pics as usualimage
  • Options
    The one with the white background seems to be getting more votes. I think I may go with that one.
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    I prefer the top right one myself.
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Bottom left.
    Dimitri

myEbay