Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Do you feel lucky? GAI 10 = BGS ?

Has anyone had the guts to bust a modern card out of a GAI 10 holder and try to cross it over to a BGS 10? I’m curious to see if anyone has done so. I recently bought a Vick card graded GAI 10, and it is damn perfect. A BGS 9.5 of the same card went for $25 more than what I paid for the GAI 10.

Brian

Comments

• Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    Brian, this is what you have to do. Do not bust open GAI 10s to submit to BGS hoping to crossover to their 10. The only thing you can hope for is an on-site crossover if BGS comes to your town ($25 to do it). Apparently, they're only doing crossovers when they are grading onsite (usually at a large show). I've had a few friends cross over GAI 9.5 and have received BGS 9.5. I think first of all because of the presence of a GAI holder. Something about a psychological effect plays in mind IMO when they see a GAI holder and I think they respect it. I haven't seen anyone done it with a 10 and I have called BGS, but they never answer their phones or return calls to see if they're planning to do a crossover program by mail. I just sold some GAI 10 hockey and got crap for them but I had to see just to open/test the market. Hockey is the slowest selling sport I guess, but if I don't try, I can't open up a market for it. I'm in CA, and BGS never comes out here. I'm going to try some crossovers with SGC ($7 per card) and see if my GAI 10s are equal to their 100. Anyone else have any luck/results?