Home Sports Talk
Options

FREE BASEBALL TEAM AVAILABLE - THE RED SOX

packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
Realizing what a terrible investment he has made John Henry is giving away the red sox. I have seen little league teams field better than these clowns! get a hit with guys on base , heck no! hit in to a double play , no problem!

how are you supposed to watch these games? it's an absolute joke how much these guys underachive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all my life I have supported and routed for this team but I am completely disgusted and can't watch anymore. they need to make another movie , " we still believe we can catch the ball"!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    The way I see it is the management loves to hire feel-good manangers.
    We need someone to come in and demand the best out of each player.
    give me liberty or give me death
    my hotelsimage
  • Options
    Dallas88Dallas88 Posts: 746
    LOL - just how does one "demand" something from someone who wields more POWER (institutionally and professionally) and a much higher salary?

Apparently, losing does not bother the Red Sox as much as winning excites them.

It's that plain and simple.
  • Options
    They need to study and learn the ways of Bill Belichek and the patiots.
    give me liberty or give me death
    my hotelsimage
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just not gonna happen....EVER for them, I like some of the moves they have made but they should have gotten ahold of Beltran and offered some minor league prospects for a good starter. That is what the Yanks do and hence the results.
  • Options
    Dallas88Dallas88 Posts: 746
    They need to study and learn the ways of Bill Belichek and the patiots

If it were that easy, I think they would have already done that...besides, baseball and football have different economic structures. You can't compare the 2 sports.

Its just not gonna happen....EVER for them, I like some of the moves they have made but they should have gotten ahold of Beltran and offered some minor league prospects for a good starter

And what minor league prospects were they going to offer the Royals for him? They had nobody that the Royals could use at this time, or in the future. All the rumors about the Red Sox acquiring Beltran were just that, rumors.....if they were serious, as were the astros, then they would have his bat in the lineup right now......hoever, I think most people in baseball have beltran over-rated......I've watched him since his rookie year (in person)....he is no longer a 5-tool player.....probably a 4 tool player though!
  • Options

Hahaha I love it! Great trip down memory lane, I think I reverse jinxed them lol. You gotta understand back in ‘04 I was still STEAMING about that Aaron Boone HR!! They more than made up for it though B)

• Options

LOL

• Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1970s said:
    Dallas88 (aka Dallasactuary) proves what little he knows, and has no gut instinct like the perk !'

To use as a demonstration of how little I know, your own ignorance that Dallas88 and I are two different people was amusingly ironic. I mean, your ignorance has been amusing me for the past couple days, but this one was LOL funny. Try again and see if you can do even better.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dallasactuary said:

@1970s said:
    Dallas88 (aka Dallasactuary) proves what little he knows, and has no gut instinct like the perk !'

To use as a demonstration of how little I know, your own ignorance that Dallas88 and I are two different people was amusingly ironic. I mean, your ignorance has been amusing me for the past couple days, but this one was LOL funny. Try again and see if you can do even better.

We all knew that but it was fun watching it unfold in two different threads

1970’s #fakenews #realdallas

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......