Home U.S. Coin Forum

Which would you rather have for your $1mm + ??

a.) An 1873-cc no arrows dime. An artifact that closely resembles about 1,000,000 other liberty seated dimes; or

b.) A Shield Earring set (quarter, half and dollar); plus a Washlady set (including a dime); plus an Amazonian set; plus a Schoolgirl dollar --- and $500,000 in change.

????

Ed

Comments

• FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140
    I'd agree with Robert - not only would you get more look with the earring set, but you'd also get smoething of value that wasn't tied up to one particular coin!
  • JackrabbitJackrabbit Posts: 266 ✭✭

B sounds good to me...... I think resale would be easier also.....
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would depend on what the rest of my collection was like; is the dime the last coin I need for my seated dime set? does my collection consist primarily of patterns? As the question was worded, obviously B would be my choice. But my REAL choice would be C: A wide variety of very nice coins and about 800K left over to pay cash for a house in California.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    I'll take what's behind the door where Carol Merrill is standing..........as long as it's a nice 1794 Dollar! image
    Wondo

• nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Neither, I'd use the money to try to get the 1849C open wreath dollar.
  • B for sure.
  • Neither, I'd use the money to locate and obtain an 1833 LM-5 Capped Bust Half-Dime in MS-62 or in AU-55... or perhaps VF-20... whichever one I could get my hands on really... and after that, I got about a dozen other coins on the list... but that first one shouldn't dig too deep into the $1 million...
    -George
    42/92

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file