Home U.S. Coin Forum

Any members here going to the Clearwater show?

I live in Clearwater and will probably go to the show Friday or Saturday. I have never met any of the forum members personally and was curious who would be there?

Also, I will be searching for PQ Bust Halves. If any forum dealers here will be selling any please let me know. I'll make sure I check them out.

Look forward to meeting some of you guys.

Randy

Comments

• To be honest this show snuck up on me. I hadn't planned on going, but might be "convinced" to go. Anybody else going on Saturday?
  • Crazy4CoinsCrazy4Coins Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭
    I hear you.. I would have missed it myself if not for the post asking about directions. I would have been pissed to find out afterwards that I missed it..

What is the best day to attend a show? 1st day or last, or does it really matter?

Randy
  • TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    Sunday is usually the worst day to go. Saturday there is normally more people you have to fight. I've always thought Thursday or Friday were the best days to go. This concerns all coin shows not just the Clearwater show.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • I don't think Sunday will do well at all (being the 4th and the fact it is Sunday). What do you think?
  • JrGMan2004JrGMan2004 Posts: 7,557
    Friday Afternoon and Saturday Morning is usually the best times. Because I got a BDay party to go to on Saturday, I'll be there on Friday. ANACS will be there, NGC should be there, and ICG and/or PCI might be there. PCI was onsite slabbed at the January show. image I felt sorry for the dealers over there, because the machine makes a terrible high-pitched sound. Bill Jones should be set up at the show. Crazy4Coins: Drop BillJones a PM and ask him if he has any Bust Halves, he deals a bit in early type material.
    -George
    42/92
  • I don't recall seeing NGC at last year's show.
    JrGMan2004: Thanks. I sent Billjones a PM.

If anybody else is going to be there and selling PQ Capped Bust Halves, please let me know.

Randy
  • greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
    I also posted this question on another Clearwater show thread, so I apologize to those who have to see it twice. How big is this show? Are there any decent motel/hotels within walking distance of the show? Is it worth the 3 hour drive it would take me in pre=holiday traffic coming from across the state?

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

Hey Greg,

I went to the show held in January at the Harborview, not sure if its the same group of dealers or not, but I would say there were about 75 - 90 tables approx. Not sure if thats alot or not as it was the first show that I have attended. There seemed to be quite a good variety of coins. I went on a Thursday and it seemed to be more of a set up and dealer trading day. Not sure how active it was over that weekend.

As far as hotels within walking distance I can't think of any.The Harborview is kind of downtown Clearwater, mostly shops,banks,churches and city buildings in that area.Clearwater Beach is just across the causeway, depending on the day and time anywhere from a 5 to 20 minute drive, there are a number of hotels along to beach.

Randy
  • JrGMan2004JrGMan2004 Posts: 7,557
    The January show is a smaller show (Same Coin Club, though image) that's usually held the week before FUN. The July show is always the weekend of the 4th and is a 200 table show. The July show is the biggest show in the area, except for FUN. Yes, it is a good show and worth the drive!

And the nice thing about the show is being right off of Clearwater beach. The Clearwater beach is probally one of the best beaches on the Gulf Coast image So, you can bring the wife a kiddies, have them drop you off at the show, and they can go hang-out at the beach, and of course, you could go to the show in the morning then head out to the beach image
    -George
    42/92
  • greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the info. I think I'll plan on driving over Friday afternoon and attending Saturday.

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• Greg

PM to you.

My wife and I will be there on Saturday.
  • foodudefoodude Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭
    I'll be at Table 612 (Greg Allen Coins). For those attending, please stop by and say hiimage
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • numonebuyernumonebuyer Posts: 2,136
    Does anyone know what time the show starts on Saturday?
    Seems like there was a little more interest in this show last year.

• foodudefoodude Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know what time the show starts on Saturday?

Here are the public show hours:

Friday: 10-6
    Saturday: 10-6
    Sunday: 10-4
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
    I expect a report about the first day of the Clearwater show.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file