Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Set Registry Awards Deadline Tonight!

Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder that if you are competing this year, please take note of the following policies:

1. In order for new coins and upgrades to qualify for this year's awards, you must update your set and validate it prior to the deadline of June 30th, 10pm EST, 7pm PST.

2. You must own and have possession of the coins you are listing in your sets.

3. Should you encounter a database error with any new coin you are adding, be certain that your email reaches setregistry@collectors.com prior to the deadline. Emails sent to any other address and are not forwarded setregistry@collectors.com prior to the deadline may not be addressed in time for judging.

For category information, click here.

Judging, by PCGS experts, will take place the first week in July and the winners will be announced in mid-July. On Friday, August 20th, at the American Numismatic Convention in Pittsburgh, we are hosting a special PCGS Set Registry luncheon and will be presenting awards to all winners in attendance. Email invitations were mailed out on June 25th. Please send your RSVP to me no later than July 24th.

Thank you!

BJ Searls
bsearls@collectors.com
Set Registry & Special Projects Director
PCGS (coins) www.pcgs.com
PSA (cards & tickets) www.psacard.com

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>2. You must own and have possession of the coins you are listing in your sets. >>

I can't use the certs I've been buying?

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    So I guess regrades that PCGS has not sent back yet are not allowed?
  • Options
    You should add one more rule: Your set should be %100 complete for at least a month before the deadline to qualify. A few hours ain't right.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    PQpeacePQpeace Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭
    I am ready to snipe the washington quarter 32-64 set image
    Larry Shapiro Rare Coins - LSRC
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

PCGS Las Vegas June 24-26
    Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • Options
    Let's see, now. Looks like I'm .02 ahead (66.70 versus 66.68) at the moment. Still time to be sniped. I'll check back at 10:01 PM EST.

Steve
  • Options
    JrGMan2004JrGMan2004 Posts: 7,557
    Hmm... I wonder if "JrGMan's Beauties" has a chance of winning anything being all the way down in 62nd... image
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    badgerbadger Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    Just waiting on last minute results from potential crossovers. I still have 30 minutes. These may have to wait until next year.
    Collector of Modern Silver Proofs 1950-1964 -- PCGS Registry as Elite Cameo

Link to 1950 - 1964 Proof Registry Set
    1938 - 1964 Proof Jeffersons w/ Varieties
  • Options
    Mines out..Got snipe in the final hours by "Lothlórien Collection" on my 2000 Mint Set
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    ...rules are rules...
    Let's not find the loopholes, even though it may be "your job"...
    ps. Unless you present a really good, newly found loophole... image
  • Options
    <<You must own and have possession of the coins you are listing in your sets.
    >>

I will still be wondering if some snipers actually had their coin in hand at the last minute or only had the cert number?

Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    CurrinCurrin Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bill, You asked an interesting question. This registry award system requires people with honor and character as yourself (self police) There are always people that will seek recognition at any cost. You experienced the worst of this human behavior. What is even more sad, they feel satisfaction and justification in their behavior by stating "we followed the rules so quit crying". These are the same people that would steal your last dime, if the rules let them get away with it. The question to ask yourself, would you have done the same thing. I don’t think know. I join the registry back in 2001, as you did. It was not but a few of us then. If you remember, we congratulated each other with every new coin that was added. This group has come a long ways, but it appear to have picked up some not so honorable folks along the way. Several people use the word “snipe”. I don’t know who came up with the word, but the word I would use in what was seen last night, I would describe as “sandbagging”. Whether you do it in golf course, pool room, or whatever, “it is playing within the rules”, but their honor is questioned from my perspective. It is obvious that winning without honor means more to some. If it’s $200 on the golf course, or a star in the registry. Be proud of your accomplishments. I hope you will one day teach me how to take those photos. And maybe you are right, some winners may not have the coins to photograph!
    My 20th Century Type Set, With Type Variations---started : 9/22/1997 ---- completed : 1/7/2004

My 20th Century Gold Major Design Type Set ---started : 11/17/1997 ---- completed : 1/21/2004
  • Options
    cosmicdebriscosmicdebris Posts: 12,333
    Currin you are right I do miss the earlier days when a nice little group of people openly competed in a FUN way and congradulated each other with no sniping. Most us gave each other fair warning way ahead of time. Oh well.

As for the pictures someday I maybe able to help you.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    CurrinCurrin Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bill, if you remember, HD would drop in sometimes... Did he quit the forum? As you can tell from my number of posts, I am not active often anymore. I just thought I had to jump in and comment for one of my old fiends, who’s name is Bill. I can tell this is not a very friendly place anymore. I realize that I have not help much with my past several posting. And I realized that I have offended some truly good and honest people (ex. nivek), and I too apologized for that.. But, then again, looking at what I am reading, I have not hurt this forum much either. Maybe we can solicit BJ to have a "by invitation only" registry and forum. We would not have the best sets, but we would have the fun as we did in the past. To post “Beware a update is coming”, some “competitors” hearing this must think we were ridiculous back then. If only they knew. Reading some of the responses from the "many" guys that approve the "competitiveness” even at the “expense” of people like “you”, it is little hard to understand. Not judging, it just hard to understand. I did enjoy reading the response from nivek that stated he would not do it again, even if he have all rights to do it.. It appeared to be an apology, and I think he understood the controversy something like that can cause (not even the hurt). Bill, like I post early, it did not happen to me, so I can not imagine how you feel, but the other night I did feel the hurt for you and others. I was hoping this could be a learning experience for everyone, but unfortunately, I do not see that happening. I say this because after the professed Christian guy that said, “I am sorry”, then he was encouraged by a string of posting that stated, “I think you should just to tick them off”, “do it again next year”, “anyone whining over such things should be collecting baseball cards with the rest of the kids”, “Some people need to grow up”. I think he was saying, there are more important things than creating this kind of “anger, enmity, and enemies”, and it went right over their heads! This will be my last comment on this subject........Bill have a great holiday, eat hot dogs and apple pie. Have fun with your friends... You are the Man!..... ric
    My 20th Century Type Set, With Type Variations---started : 9/22/1997 ---- completed : 1/7/2004

My 20th Century Gold Major Design Type Set ---started : 11/17/1997 ---- completed : 1/21/2004