Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

04 Elite Football Box Break

Just a quick note. The Elite luck continues. I have mentioned before on this and other boards how much I enjoy the Elite Baseball this year. Well, I just went to the local money pit and picked up a box of 04 Elite FB and pulled the following..

Cedric Cobbs RC #/500
Larry Fitzgerald RC #/500
and the super card....

Lineage Triple Auto Peyton/Archie/Eli Manning #3/100

What an awesome card!

I thought only the first 25 or 50 were signed, but apprently that isn't the case, there is #94/100 on ebay right now...
Either way, it's still a great pull. one of my best FB pulls, that's for sure.
maybe my basketball luck is carrying over. image

Comments

• Options
    That should be a $400-$500 card if you sell it soon. I think there will be more and more Manning triple AUTO's as the season goes on, so they'll probably drop in price as there are more out there. Sweet pull, and the Fitzgerald ain't too bad either.
    Jason
    Baseball Card Heaven, the closest card shop to the Las Vegas Strip.

Our current ebay auctions, and of course BaseBallCardHeaven.com
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Thanks Jason. I am sure SPGU will do a triple auto, I know Ultra already has a redemption for one #/50 that's selling in the 3-400 range. This elite one is selling in the 300 range too. I am tempted to list it today....but I want to look at it for a while. I guess I'd have 7 days to stare at until the auction ended and maybe I could buy another for $100 less in a couple months. Hmm...
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks Jason. I am sure SPGU will do a triple auto, I know Ultra already has a redemption for one #/50 that's selling in the 3-400 range. This elite one is selling in the 300 range too. I am tempted to list it today....but I want to look at it for a while. I guess I'd have 7 days to stare at until the auction ended and maybe I could buy another for $100 less in a couple months. Hmm... >>

I would list it ASAP, although it may hold its value up until FB season..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    But it's so pretty! image

I wish I would've listed my Dwyane Wade exquisite the day I pulled it. I would've gotten $500 for it, now they are closing at $330. What a bummer. Problem is, I tried doing this with my Lebron auto. I sold it for $810 and figured I'd get another in a month for half that...they still sell for $700. Ugh. Lost out on that one. I still made $100, I know...but I didn't want the card for $700, maybe for $350. image I'm afraid the same thing might happen with this card. I get emotionally attached to cards like this that I pull. I'm wierd like that.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Lineage Triple Auto Peyton/Archie/Eli Manning #3/100 >>

Congratulations Envoy - you are a lucky guy!!
    Scan?
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I get emotionally attached to cards like this that I pull. I'm wierd like that. >>

I'm the same way.. =) sometimes I'm torn between selling them when the "time is right" or keeping them because I like them.. but I often have to do whats best for my wallet.. =(
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Nice pull on that triple auto. I might have to try some Elite FB this year, I have been hearing a lot of good things about it. I am the same way about the big cards I pull...I really don't want (or need) to sell them, though I know I should. I end up keeping a lot of them, and they almost always dip a bit in value.
  • Options
    Yeah, it's bound to dip in value, especially if Eli doesn't play this year, or plays poorly.

I was just reading a few box breaks on the Anti-Christ/Children's Playground website (See Beckett.com) and one guy was livid that he bought 4 boxes and pulled an Elway Jsy, Favre Jsy, Walter Payton jsy, Kevin Jones, Roethlisberger rookies and a Rashaun woods auto rc. Oh yeah, and a Portis jsy... Didn't sound too bad to me. image

So if that sucks then my pull isn't that good, maybe if I get a game used finger...Like Ronnie Lotts pinky or something, then it would be a good box. :lol

Anyway, I'm sure there are some bunk boxes, but if it's like baseball this year, it can't be all bad. I had great luck on 5 boxes of elite bb so...hoping the luck continues. Problem is, I never quit when I'm ahead...always when I'm behind. I beat the odds and think I'm invincible even though I know better.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    I just busted my first box....not too bad, but it would be nice if autos were one per box like
    certified was last year.

Tatum Bell RC
    Ran Carthon RC
    Dual Facemask Ray Lewis/Eddie George
    Ricky Williams Patch Jersey /25

JS
  • Options
    Stalin,

I was just reading about Tatum Bell. Another Broncos running back that was drafted with a legit shot at replacing Quentin Griffith if he struggles. They say the kid is a stud. We all know how the Broncos make every back they draft, shine.

TheRoach

7 MVP awards, the single season HR record, career walks record, single season walks record, 700HR/500SB, and two batting titles near 40 years old. How can one argue that those aren't stats of the greatest to ever play the game??? All this and there is still more to come!!!! Bonds:2005 NL MVP. Or are you going to doubt him again?
  • Options
    Here is the scan!

ACK! Why doesn't it show up? The url is valid...
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Roach

Thanks for the update, I really didn't know much about him. I think I pulled several of his autos from
    sage. Thanks!

Envoy...that is a beautiful card...you know when you pull a card that is pictured in beckett you have really
    don't well. I hope we can work a trade for the Williams.

Kevin
  • Options
    joe ~ pm sent.

Any ideas why my image isn't showing up? I even linked to the smaller version (100x200 10kb) and it still isnt working...
  • Options
    GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭
    I opened 7 packs at the local store, got a bum rookie and a Singletary Auto Jersey # to 25. Currently on ebay and ending today!
    Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
    Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.
  • Options
    That's not too bad out of only 7 packs. I'd be real happy with that!
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Dave - if the rookie is a defensive player, then he's a bum in the hobby. If it's an offensive player, even if he's a nobody now, he could surprise people.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.