Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Just Ducky, Who

Just Ducky, seems to be swimming in a pond of clad Roosies, to bad both sets are closed.

Comments

• Options

<< <i>Just Ducky, seems to be swimming in a pond of clad Roosies, to bad both sets are closed. >>

Ain't that just ducky!image
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Can someone explain why a person would want to register a set, then close it? Like "I have a registry set, but you can't see it". image
    Dan
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Personal preference to keep your set closed I guess. Both Number 2 sets in the clad and silver
    Roosie registries are closed. It seems more and more sets are being closed.

Nick
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And more and more of them are being dismantled and sold off!

NOT MINE!!!!!! image

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Congrats Just Ducky
    Jim Chandler
  • Options
    Can someone explain why a person would want to register a set, then close it? Like "I have a registry set, but you can't see it".

I used to wonder the same thing.
    But someone finally explained it.
    There maybe some very low population coins that could upgrade the set, and the owner doesn't want to make it known that he/she needs them.
    An unscrupulous dealer, that has one or more of these coins, would jack up the price, if they know this is the case.

It is like, you have a MS69 rated coin, and there is a MS70 pop 1 or 2 coin that you could upgrade to.
    You could get a better price for it, if the owner doesn't know you are wanting it to make your set better.

Anyway it seems to be a pretty good explanation to me.

• Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    You trying to say that there may be some one out there trying to make a few bucks on the registry sets?? image

And I thought this was a non-profit outfit when I joined. image

Now to be serious. I DID think the registry sets were a forum to display the best of the best for others to see. At least from those who wanted to show them. But listing one that you don't want seen, still makes no sence to me. A little trust is needed to open them I guess. I can see where you are coming from with your answer, but still think all sets should be open if you register them. If you have a classic car up for an award, someone has to show this car. Same for dogs, cats, even horses and other livestock. Maybe all closed sets should have their own listing and compete against each other. Heck with it, I'm just happy to into coin collecting.
    Dan