Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Randy Johnson cards should go up in value now!

With 4000 strikeouts he is a lock for the Hall of fame
and in the top FOUR of all time greatest pitchers!!!!!!!!

Way to go!

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    agreed.. edited to add - I like this Jacksonville Expos card of mine!

·p_A·
  • Options
    TipemTipem Posts: 881

It's always nice when you have 100 UD rookies from factory sets put away in the closet.Had 200 but sold 100 last year. image

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's always nice when you have 100 UD rookies >>

Vic
    I've only got 25 and I believe about 25 other brand... I'ld love to flip them for a tidy profit since they're sitting right next to the Pete Incaviglia and Jay Buhner RC's!
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    i got a SGC 96 UD rc...bout all i got..everybody has one...dont expect prices to go up too much

loth
  • Options
    Yea yea you guys. Brag about all your high grade Johnson RC and multi lots.
    I bet you don't have a beauty like this one! Straight out of a rack pack and into soft sleeve and toploader.

Ben

• Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    Speaking of Mr. Unit, why does his 1989 Donruss Rookies PSA 10 go for a fraction of SMR? Even after his perfect game, that card was going for $25 to $35 on eBay when SMR was (and still is) $95. I know, because I sold some of them. Strangely, his regular 1989 Donruss card in PSA 10 was fetching a bit more, even though SMR was about half of the Rookies. I thought the Rookies were scarcer, since their SMR is so much higher for PSA 10.
  • Options
    All the '89 stuff is overproduced. I like the odd-ball 1989 Wolworth and his real rookie card...

Randy Johnson Cha-Ching!!
  • Options
    BigKidAtHeartBigKidAtHeart Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    bengineno9,
    that is a NICE one!! image

imageimage
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>With 4000 strikeouts he is a lock for the Hall of fame
    and in the top FOUR of all time greatest pitchers!!!!!!!! >>

But he still won't be invited to appear on "The Bachelor". image
  • Options
    JR-i would assume that the ROOKIES would be easier to find in higher grade, as the cards only came from factory sealed sets. they may be rarer than regular issue, but there was to much produced of both to notice. there were so many ways to get a regular issue (rack, cello, wax, factory, etc.), that the card could get damaged. plus it is more of a TRUE rookie, than one that came out in factory sets only. maybe this tells why the value was so off.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I bet you don't have a beauty like this one! >>

Ben
    A while back someone asked what a diamond cut looked like....this one is textbook!
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    I have 4 of the 1989 Fleer Randy Johnson Full Marlboro Error Cards in PSA 10 condition. Anyone interested?
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    PM me with what you're looking for on those.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    For a minute I thought this was a new thread and Stone was back. I also couldn't figure out why Johnson's cards would be going up in value.
  • Options

<< <i>For a minute I thought this was a new thread and Stone was back. I also couldn't figure out why Johnson's cards would be going up in value. >>

Yeah, me too. lol
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    WTF? This 4 year old post was resurrected just to spam some rookie cards for sale?
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I have now seen it all.

We do have a buy/trade/sell forum for threads just like this.

I thought Big kid at heart was back too.

I guess any thread is better then another .5 one .

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Nevermind. airhead has 15 threads over there like people that wrote a thread 4 yrs ago will see it?

HINT to airhead, PM those people then and only then maybe they will see it. What makes you think something they wanted 3 , 4 yrs ago is still on the want list?

1 thread would have sufficed over there.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Mullets will always be less desirable in my opinion.
  • Options
  • Options
    This guy

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    My bad.
  • Options
    mosaicmosaic Posts: 700
    Sorry to ressurect an old thread, but this one seemed the busiest and the likeliest place to have my question answered...

Easy question for those of you in the know: What is considered to be Randy's "key" rookie card

I've got an 89 Fleer and an 89 Upper Deck I may submit. Was wondering if another card was his preferred rookie though, seeing as eBay prices seem low considering his credentials (and compared to Griffey's UD RC).
    Nolan Ryan & Edgar Martinez are my favorite players...
    mosaic's Nolan Ryan Basic Topps registry set
    mosaic's Big 3 Nolan Ryan Run Showcase
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    I think UD and Fleer are on the same level. I always liked the Donruss Rookies card - but it's a subset/traded set so it'd probably not the one you want.
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    I'd take a look at his 1989 Topps Tiffany and 1989 Topps Traded Tiffany cards.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    I really hope they go up in value because I have a ton of 89 Fleer Randys but I havent seen much of a change on eBay
  • Options
    fujfuj Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sorry to ressurect an old thread, but this one seemed the busiest and the likeliest place to have my question answered...

Easy question for those of you in the know: What is considered to be Randy's "key" rookie card

I've got an 89 Fleer and an 89 Upper Deck I may submit. Was wondering if another card was his preferred rookie though, seeing as eBay prices seem low considering his credentials (and compared to Griffey's UD RC). >>

For base RCs, his key card is the Upper Deck. Granted the price difference between the UD and his other RCs are not of the same magnitude as Griffey's but the UD is still most desirable for everyone with an '89 RC (Griffey, Johnson, Sheffield, Smoltz, etc.)

• Options
    I'd say UD also.
    C56, V252, V128-1 sets
    Hall of Famers from all 4 sports
  • Options

<< <i>I really hope they go up in value because I have a ton of 89 Fleer Randys >>

Wonder where these came from?