Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1912,1913,1914, Canadian $5.00 & $10.00 Gold?

My daughter loves Canada. I have a Capital Plastics holder for the 1912-1914 $5.00 and $10.00 gold coins. I'm thinking about filling it for her. I tried a quick search on eBay and found nothing. You folks have any suggestions? If this needs to be on the BST forum, let me know.

Eric

Comments

• Options
    bosoxbosox Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭
    I offer the following sources for Canadian coins, including gold:

a) The best is the Torex auctions. Held three times each year in Toronto, but online and mail bids usually accepted. The best Canadian stuff available. (www.torex.net) Just finished last weekend. Next one around Halloween.
    b) Michael Walsh (mostly just auctions now). www.coinoisseur.com
    c) J&M Coins, an old fashoined "I have inventory in stock for retail sales" dealer. www.jandm.com

All three sources have Canadian gold from MS-65 on down to the circulated grades.

Good luck!

Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

http://www.victoriancent.com
  • Options
    P.S. Subscribe to Canadian Coin News (www.canadiancoinnews.com). Best publication out there for canuck coins.
    Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

• Options
    OldnewbieOldnewbie Posts: 1,425 ✭✭
    Thanks, bosox!!

Eric
  • Options
    BTW, I revamped my search on eBay and found some stuff. The hunt is on!

Eric
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Welcome to the Forum, Oldnewbie!! image
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    I highly recommend Canadian Coin News and a Charlton guide (Charlton Standard Catalog of Canadian Coins) before bidding, lest you overpay. Gold is fickled and the grading is tough.

• Options

<< <i>Welcome to the Forum, Oldnewbie!! image >>

Thanks! My daughter likes Canadian coins much more than U.S. stuff. I think she's just rebelling.image But I've got to tell you, I've bought some Cook Islands stuff in the last few days, and I think you know which ones.image

Eric
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>1912,1913,1914, Canadian $5.00 & $10.00 Gold? >>

Yes, please. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eric, if your daughter wants some more common Canadian coins for free PM me.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don