Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Topps Replacement Cards

I sent out 168 04 Heritage commons in two batches - if you want exact card for card replacement, they require you keep the request at 25 per order. Each batch requested 'random' replacement or pack equivalent.
Two weeks later: received cards in one batch - random replacement BUT I received 21 SP's! Overall the cards are in really good shape with respect to centering, corners, gloss and free of surface imperfections.
New change - at least to me - they asked in the future that I include a UPC or proof of purchase - will keep that in mind on future purchases.
I sent the two batches in bubble envelopes and insured each for 50$ so I know they received them.
Overall, this year I rate the experience an A- (few of the cards were dinged). In the past, when they run out, they have sent packs but getting 21 sp's for nothing is a great day in deed.

Thanx Topps!

Mike
Mike

Comments

• Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    I am glad you had a good experience with Topps for replacements. Unfortunately I could not say the same about my experiences.

When I sent them damaged refractors in the late 90s, Topps returned cards that were in even worse shape.....off-centered, dinged corners. Customer serivce was horrible. I did this with over one-hundred cards and had to repeat the exercise several tiems for each return, Hopefully things have changed.
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Stone!!!

well it is a heritage thread so I will after to ask- I am down to these NON-SP's = 27, 90, 161, 205, 240, and 339 for my set. I want to thank all of you who have tried to help with these so far but the reason i need these is do to
    1- centering
    2- roller bar marks
    3- surface creases/corner dings

i unfortunately had one kind sole send me these commons and they had the same problems as mine did..so unfortunately it didnt help anybody out but the post office.

If you have these 6 non-sp's, with decent centering, no roller bar marks across the top..and no surface creases and they are just sitting around in your common bin...please give me a instant message so that i may add them and finally complete my set.

thanks, loth!

• Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Stone - nice going and good post. Can you please elaborate on the process of requesting "replacement cards" for my benefit and other members. Thanks.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    HAHA..sole...i meant SOUL above...sorry envoy!!!

loth
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I sent out 168 04 Heritage commons in two batches - if you want exact card for card replacement, they require you keep the request at 25 per order. Each batch requested 'random' replacement or pack equivalent.
    Two weeks later: received cards in one batch - random replacement BUT I received 21 SP's! Overall the cards are in really good shape with respect to centering, corners, gloss and free of surface imperfections.
    New change - at least to me - they asked in the future that I include a UPC or proof of purchase - will keep that in mind on future purchases.
    I sent the two batches in bubble envelopes and insured each for 50$ so I know they received them.
    Overall, this year I rate the experience an A- (few of the cards were dinged). In the past, when they run out, they have sent packs but getting 21 sp's for nothing is a great day in deed.

Thanx Topps!

Mike
    image >>

Wow, Nice job.. what kind of flaws did the cards have that you sent back? corners and roller-marks? bad centering? I have a stack of "roller-marked" ones that I never sent back, and from the looks of it, I should have!
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I have dealt with Topps customer service extensively this year because of Topps Chrome basketball. I have busted almost a case and a half of this stuff, and anyone who knows this product knows many of the cards are badly off-center. Finally, after my 5th or 6th off-center Lebron RC, I decided to send a bunch of the badly centered cards to Topps. Lo and behold, within a week or so, I received really nice replacements from them, and a few free packs of cards as a bonus. I did this again a month later, same result.

But, last week, one more order went to them (only 6 cards). I got the same cards back a week later, Certified Mail, with a letter saying that the cards were acceptable according to their manufacturing standards. So, you win some and you lose some, but overall their service is speedy and generally fair.

DH - the address for sending the replacements is on the Topps website. I enclosed a letter of explanation, a UPC from the box, and sent with delivery confirmation so I knew they got the cards.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>HAHA..sole...i meant SOUL above...sorry envoy!!! >>

Lothar
    You just became my straight man: hope that "sole" wasn't a heel!

Harry
    Ct just added about everything you need to know - The Topps Company, Inc., 401 York Ave., Duryea, PA, 18642-2035 attn: consumer relations dept. 1-800-489-9149. Make sure you rough up the cards good so there is no mistake that they have just roller marks - I have never had them challenge me on that. Perhaps, the more you send, the less time they have to mess with your order and nitpick your replacement request. This is just my experience and others may see it differently. If you want specific one on one replacements, you have to INVENTORY the cards in numerical order for them or they will go postal on you! Just kidding....I think?

Ct
    I know this is cruel but if you get a really off-center or something you can't live with - give it a good crease - and then it WON'T be up to industry standard.

As Koby reported this doesn't work as well for high end cards or inserts - you could send in a great card and wind up with a pack of cards for your troubles - when that has happened to me, they did return the card I submitted and gave me some free product. I don't know if you can expect much more from a company who deals in this kind of product?

Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Stone and ctoxfan - thanks. Very informative.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...