Home Q & A Forum
Options

Price Guideline

Mr. Hall,
With all the confusion and misrepresentation of coin values in the auction world, ie:eBay, would it be prudent to drop this area from the PCGS website? Several concerns in the US Coin forum, as per selling practices of non-certified and certified coins, seem to point in the direction that it is either far from reliable or over-priced in certain areas all the time. I would love to purchase a 9 piece silver proof set from 1999 for $75.00! I also realize that with time constraints and personnel, it is almost impossible to keep this guide current. Coin World can't keep up with the Coin Value magazine and it comes out sevearl times a year with no changes that are not realistic in the market and that is all they do or appear to do.
Is it time to put this horse to pasture or keep whipping him into a non-reliable position! Please consider dropping this guide and let the employees at PCGS do the job they were hired for, grading and encapsulation of coins! Oh yeah, don't drop the forums by mistake!
HEAD TUCKED AND ROLLING ALONG ENJOYING THE VIEW! [Most people I know!]

NEVER LET HIPPO MOUTH OVERLOAD HUMMINGBIRD BUTT!!!

WORK HARDER!!!!
Millions on WELFARE depend on you!

Comments

• Options
    homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭
    I appreciate the idea and we have considered it. However, we don't feel anyone is doing a good job and this is a big hole in the marketplace. We think we can do a better job than anyone else, and help the market by doing it. Give us 6 months and watch what we come up with. if it still sucks after that, then maybe we should punt.

Thanks,

David