Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Wouldn't it be nice if...

Wouldn't it be nice if the PCGS Registry Set owners would help each other with their collections? For example, I buy an upgrade from a Registry Set owner at some (realistic - we can work on some standard pricing later) price. I then offer the coin it replaces to another Registry Set owner at some realistic price, and so on and so on.

Comments

• DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    It's been my experience when buying from (forum) collectors that's what happens.

Collectors don't have to "make a living" selling their coins.

Dan
  • merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    numonenuyer
    I hate to be the one to tell you this but it has already happened many times.I myself have bought coins from at least (4) members after they have upgraded,or made a coin.It has added to or improved my Registry Sets.
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • haletjhaletj Posts: 2,192
    pcgs Lincoln Cent 1909-1958 owners I've bought, traded, or sold with...

Kyle Patrick Collection
    K M Takade
    Pat and Gene's Lincolns
    Dr Nigel Shultz
    Carolyn C Hoff Hoard
    Michael Lumpkin
    Wayne Herndon (well, he's a dealer)
    The Gaines Collection
    Jack-the-Knife
    Clackamus River collection
    The Lincoln Logs
    Cee Cee Collection
    Dan/Beth Lincolns (in the varieties reg)

Wow, that's 13!
  • onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭✭
    As long as I've been on the Registry Roosie collectors have always helped each other out.

Nick
  • rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Nick always helps me out, but he has problems with decimal points....they keep moving (x 10) when he sells to me!!!!!!!imageimageimage
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    From my recollection, that's the way it has always been extra-especially among the roosie guys and also the Jeff and Wash. guys. You can't find finer gentlemen-collectors! image
  • fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Merc collectors do that, too.

I have coins in my Mercury Dime collection from

Fairlaneman
    Mercury 1
    Jason S.
    John M.
    Lucybop
    and others

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    I have heard that, and acknowledge it, as well.
    (I think they used to call it "flipping lurers midstream"? ...just joking...) image

• << <i>I hate to be the one to tell you this but it has already happened many times.I myself have bought coins from at least (4) members after they have upgraded,or made a coin.It has added to or improved my Registry Sets. >>

Really??? That is awesome!
  • MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    I concur with the group, some sets would not be complete if it were notfor a board member or two.

Now were is Nick with my 1953 ms-66 FB Roosey
  • FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other Registry participants have always got first shot at a coin when I deemed it a Registry Quality Coin. image A couple of folks have even been talked out of buying a coin because I deemed it Not Registry Quality for the grade that was put on the coin.

Some Lures are just better than others.

Ken
  • Received many assists from members here
    Jim Chandler
  • numonebuyernumonebuyer Posts: 2,136
    Since I created this post, I have purchased one coin from a fellow forum member and sold eight to a total of four forum members.

It does work.