Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Giveaway arrived

Today I received Josh's Italian giveaway.

The first coin is a nice 500 Lire, an excellent addition to my 500 Lire set.

The second coin made me ecstatic, however. It is a Constantine I Follis with excellent detail and deep brown patina. This is my first ancient coin and is over a millenium older than my Venetian Grosso image

Josh, I'd like to thank you sincerely for the outstanding present. Now the problem is that I want more of these image

As a starter, I'm going to research the precise variety of the Follis.

Again, thank you very much.image
4 765 of 50 971 (9.35%) complete image

First DAMMIT BOY! 25/9/05 (Finally!)

" XpipedreamR is cool because you can get a bottle of 500 for like a dollar. " - Aspirin

Comments

• Options
    Any pictures? image
    N. N.
  • Options

<< <i>Any pictures? image >>

Sorry, no imageimage

" XpipedreamR is cool because you can get a bottle of 500 for like a dollar. " - Aspirin

• Options
    First breakthrough image

The Follis is mintmarked STR, which means Secunda Oficina, Trier Mint. The privy mark is dot above crescent.

This is thrilling imageimage

Edited to add: I forgot to mention the follis is of the gate surrounded by two turrets variety image

• Options
    I give up... the variety is RIC VII Trier 449.

Now I'm going to ttt this thread until eternity's end unless somebody enlightens me as to what year is that image