Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

What's the appeal?

I was just perusing the '75s that hadn't sold in the past few weeks and I noticed that 4sharp has another eBay ID - making_the_grade. What's wrong with just 4_sharp_corners? I can (maybe) understand different seller's ID's for the different sports (like he's attempting), but why would you need any more than that?

Comments

• Options
    making the grade is used for cards that didn't "make the grade," i.e. PSA 7s and 8s
  • Options
    purelyPSApurelyPSA Posts: 712 ✭✭
    I see. Well hey, if he can keep track of it all, I guess it's fine. It's not like the guy's a crook.
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    I've bought from that id as well as a couple of his others......first rate all the way . I think I got a PSA 9 OPC from the "making the grade" id so maybe it's for oddball as well as offgrade.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Doesn't PRO take cards and help them make the grade?

(Not a stab at 4sc folks)
  • Options
    RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭
    I think he opened up those IDs because he has partners and or consignments to deal with.I can't confirm that but can confirm some deals Roger and I did in the past where I bought a bunch of cards that were half his and half someone else's.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    good one, Vargha..

I bet ive had over a hundred deals with 4_sharp and their various ID's.. including "Makingthegrade".. I'm 100% satisfied every time..

I just recently saw they now have "4_sharp_corners_baseball" etc..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    What?
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    I've been contributing the the 4_Sharp_Corners 401K plan for the last two years, no complaints. Was a little worried at first about the new Id's, thought somebody was hijacking his business name, but it looks like it was just an attempt on his end to organize sales.

Scott Jeanblanc
    jeanblanc@iconnect.net
    Ebay UserId: sjeanblanc
    ---------------------------------------------
    Collecting Nolan Ryan cards (68-94)