Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Updated Info on the Cherrypickers' Guide

seanqseanq Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
Sometime over the weekend J.T. updated cherrypickersguide.com. A big update with lots of information, anyone interested in the book should read up. Bottom line for those with short attention spans: book now due in August, in time for the Pittsburgh ANA.

Sean Reynolds
Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor

Comments

• Options
    smprfismprfi Posts: 874
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess the June 25 2003 date was an error? Seems like the last time I looked it said Feb of 2004.

Not sure what I think of new FS numbers. That should make things fun,image
    Larry

• Options
    I'll believe the publication date when I actually see it!
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    I was looking at the date JT shows the site was updated.
    I was thinking it should have said June of 2004, not 2003.
    Maybe we will see it this year image
    Larry

• Options
    coppercoinscoppercoins Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭
    Like the others say, I'll believe it when I see it.
    C. D. Daughtrey, NLG
    The Lincoln cent store:
    http://www.lincolncent.com

My numismatic art work:
    http://www.cdaughtrey.com
    USAF veteran, 1986-1996 :: support our troops - the American way.
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    It seems to me that J.T. spends more time in detailing all the things that WILL happen with his Cherrypickers book after it is in print than just getting it published. His medical problems aside, he really should not be collecting money from people until he can produce the product. This is not my area of interest, but a delay of a year is just plain wrong IMHO. Steveimage
  • Options
    Well it's August and I still haven't heard anything. image

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,914 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey CD aka Coppercoins...........it looks like a void exists in this market. Why don't you step up and start a new guide on the Lincolns. Start your own number system....ie. CC # 1c - 001.1. You are talented enough and knowledgable enough to do it!!! Ever think about it? You have one of the best websites as it is.....just a thoughtimage Chris
  • Options
    ibzman350ibzman350 Posts: 5,315
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    When is the Pittsburgh ANA?
    I have to wonder if it will be ready.
    Larry

• Options
    coppercoinscoppercoins Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey CD aka Coppercoins...........it looks like a void exists in this market. Why don't you step up and start a new guide on the Lincolns. Start your own number system....ie. CC # 1c - 001.1. You are talented enough and knowledgable enough to do it!!! Ever think about it? You have one of the best websites as it is.....just a thoughtimage Chris >>

Erm...you're joking, right? Exactly what you said above is what I've been doing for five years, and at least my numbering system makes some logical sense. My book goes through the chronology of the Lincoln cent and uses the system published on coppercoins wherever a die number is needed...and nobody else's system is mentioned in the book. If they want to advertise their system they can write their own books.

As for whether the CPG will be finished for the Pittsburg ANA, I highly doubt it. I know people who speak to JT more regularly than I have, and I doubt he will be at the ANA....nor his book.
    C. D. Daughtrey, NLG
    The Lincoln cent store:
    http://www.lincolncent.com

My numismatic art work:
    http://www.cdaughtrey.com
    USAF veteran, 1986-1996 :: support our troops - the American way.
  • Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    and to think some of you poor souls have already paid for the new copy and are still waiting.
  • Options
    I paid for mine over a year ago. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file