Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

how long does it take?

to get the slow to reverse here to correct their database problems? I just purchased a 2004 sac for my reg set only to have it say invalid cert # but if i look it up, it gives the description to the tee image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill

Comments

• If it's a type set you will have to wait till Dec. I had this problem last year.

Dan
    The glass is half full!
  • Well, if you own the coin, you can email PCGS and attach a scan/image of your coin in it's slab,
    then the nice person at PCGS will attempt to contact the previous owner, to get it removedfrom their registry set.
    If she can't contact them, she'll delete it from the DB foryou, so you can re-register it for yourself.
    Check the registry rules, there is a email link in there for this purpose.
    It worked for me OK.
  • earlwbollinger:

You are correct, but that is not the problem that pontiacinf is describing.

His problem is one of the Registry not accepting a coin because it is so new that the database doesn't recognize it yet as a requirement for the set.

• Sorry.
    I see your point now.
  • BJBJ Posts: 393 mod
    The problem is that PCGS had not assigned PCGS numbers for the Sac dollars when I was loading up the 2004 coins months ago. The Sacs will go in the Sac registry set as "optional" this week. You will also be able to add them to the modern type sets. The 2004 Sacs will be required at the end of the year.
    BJ Searls
    bsearls@collectors.com
    Set Registry & Special Projects Director
    PCGS (coins) www.pcgs.com
    PSA (cards & tickets) www.psacard.com
  • I have 2004 coins to enter (Silver Quarter Set) just waiting to be able to record into the year set registry when it is available.
    Jim Chandler
  • pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    Thanks BJ

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill