Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

NPB Question

This is a little strange. I sold a set on 6/6, the buyer contacts me on 6/7 and says he will pay the next day. He doesn't mention how he's paying. 12 days go by and I send another invoice. 2 more days go by, so I send a e-mail. No reponse. I start NPB form with ebay.
Today, I get an e-mail from his brother saying he over extended himself, and he profusly apoligzes. He asks if I can offer to the underbidder. I'm already trying the 2nd underbidder.
Anyway, He offers me money so I won't screw up his brothers account. At first I think this isn't right. But, then I realize I should get back the Final value fees. Is it fair to ask him for $5(the FVF)? It feels like bribery!

Comments

• ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    If you want, it seems fair to have him cover your listing fees, since you may now have to relist the item. But, I would be happy he at least contacted you at all. If the second bidder isn't responding, just relist it and move on.

But, if you file the NPB form, Ebay reimburses you your listing fees. So, it depends really on how much that is.
  • The FVF was $5. I think he got in touch with me because I started the NPB forms. I just don't like the fact that he did a lot of buying after my item. He has feedback from most of those sales,so I assume he paid for them. Or may be he has done this before?!
  • MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    MF - do what you gotta do. How "over-extended" can he be if he's bought other items after winning your lot? Sounds like buyer's remorse. I try to give everybody the benefit of the doubt, but it sounds like you're being played. I've had non-responsive buyers respond immediately after starting the NPB process - I don't know what the email looks like that they get notified with when you start the NPB ball rolling, but it obviously gets their attention. Either a check hits the mail immediately or the lies and sob stories come out.

"I just don't like the fact that he did a lot of buying after my item. He has feedback from most of those sales,so I assume he paid for them." - That statement is pretty telling....good luck!
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • BigKidAtHeartBigKidAtHeart Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    he is playing you!

neg him
    and file for your fees back
    imageimage
  • EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    For a FVF of $5, sounds like the item did okay. I'd send him one last email demanding payment and go ahead and file that NPB alert (hell, he may already have 2) and send him on his way. Neg him and take the retalitory.....I hate sob stories and excuses. I'm sure he's done it before. Just another reason for backing out. Good luck.
  • Eagleeye:
    I already started the NPB forms. Its been a couple of days, befor he responded. I have the feeling he might be the younger brother of the actual buyer. Or, like Big kid says " he's just playing me." would it be alright to check him out with other sellers? I noticed he bought some other items in the $100 range. He seems to pay for items under $30(at least thats what his feedback suggests).